What is the largest load you have lifted with your tractor(s)?

/ What is the largest load you have lifted with your tractor(s)? #1  

Johndeere3720

Padawan Tractor Learner, Advertiser
Tractor
Bobcat T62, MT55, E42R, E10, John Deere 4100
The title basically says it all, what is the largest load you have lifted with your tractor(s)? For me it is a toss up, both times using two skid steers to remove a stump or two out of the ground. The first time was with my Deere and my grandpa's Bobcat. We maxed out both machines trying to remove a couple stumps that had grown together. Both machines at one point had the rear wheel off the ground but after working it and getting some leverage with the backhoe we got the stumps out of the hole. The second time was when I helped my neighbor remove an old stump from his yard. It took my 317 Deere and his CT322 to get it out of the hole. Both machines lifting, one pushing up and the other back and out. Neither one I was able to get a picture of in progress since I was the operator but I was amazed at what you can do with a skid steer or two. Now lets see what you've lifted, it doesn't have to be a skid steer, that's just what I had to work with at the time. :thumbsup:
002.jpg IMG_0932.JPG

/ What is the largest load you have lifted with your tractor(s)? #2  
Well technically speaking, the LARGEST load I've picked up was a complete antique windmill (tower + motor + fan + tail + ladder) all at once. I clamped it to the bucket at a tower cross brace and ran a rope from the top cap to the 3 point arms. When I raised the bucket, it picked up the whole mechanism. By adjusting the 3pt position, I could keep it vertical. I did this to move it from my build site to it's final position. Just an experiment, but it worked perfectly. Wish I had a picture. But the S.O. waited until it was all done and installed. I'm talking lowest travel gear and idle rpm, too. I wanted to know if this would work in case I needed to have a well driller come in if pounding the well didn't work out.

But, I suppose you meant the HEAVIEST load....

/ What is the largest load you have lifted with your tractor(s)? #3  
Well I picked up the front end of my Z71 1500 series Chevy truck. I dont know what that weight was but likely 60-70% of gross truck weight so over 3000 pounds I would say.

/ What is the largest load you have lifted with your tractor(s)? #4  
3000 lbs pretty regular with our 285 Massey with 595 Allied FEL at the end of the loading boom. Ken Sweet

/ What is the largest load you have lifted with your tractor(s)? #5  
So far a couple of one ton pallets of wood pellets (one at a time). The Bobcat didn't seem to grunt at all. I could have easily done more. Quite a change from the old B3030. Always had to unload 15 or so bags to get that to pick up pellets. But that poor little LA403 also had a SSQA and 4,000# capacity Bradco 48 inch forks hanging off those loader arms also.

/ What is the largest load you have lifted with your tractor(s)? #6  
I had 35 - 3cu ft bundles of top soil delivered earlier this spring I. didn't think about them being very heavy until i went to offload the pallet. The rear end of the tractor started to come off the ground.

So being the nosy person i am, i looked at the bags ... however they did not list a net weight. So i got out my large material scale and weighed 3 bags.

61#
63#
63#

so if i average the load at 62# times 35 bags = 2170 # plus maybe 40# for the pallet and the forks weigh 400 # according to the manufacturers site.

grand total (best as i can tell) = 2,610#.

mind you i had to put the chipper on the back end to help keep the rear wheels on the ground, but dang if this tractor didnt lift what it says it can lift in the advertising. And it lifted it off of a flatbed trailer so it didnt just lift it off of the ground.

/ What is the largest load you have lifted with your tractor(s)? #7  
fel would not touch this so i had to rig it to the three point. it lifted this one but i also moved a larger one that got kicked up in the back field that i had to chain up, then lift the front tires off the ground with the fel, raised the three point, then let the front of the tractor back down. i got it a couple inches off the ground and was able to get it moved over to my neighbors and put i place in their new rock wall.

2012-08-11_18-31-27_922 by nickb304, on Flickr

2012-08-11_18-31-51_119 by nickb304, on Flickr

/ What is the largest load you have lifted with your tractor(s)? #8  
That one looks about th size of one I dug out this afternoon. I could only roll it like a tumblebug to get it out of the hole. Pick up one side, backfill under it, roll it some more and backfill till I got it to grade then rolled it out of the trees and into the open so I can lift it with the LS tomorrow. A much much larger one is still in the ground where it will stay unless I decide to get a jack hammer and try to bust it into something smaller and lighter than an armored tank. So far with digging around it, it looks like about 3 feet wide at the top (havent gotten to the bottom of it though) and over 10 feet long.

/ What is the largest load you have lifted with your tractor(s)? #9  
My disc that i got from my father in law.....he parked it on my trailer(with a big tractor and bucket loader sideways)..then when we got home...hooked chain to my fel...and my tractor started raising up in the back....:laughing:

/ What is the largest load you have lifted with your tractor(s)? #10  
My mother-in-law!