tractor insurance queston ?

/ tractor insurance queston ? #21  
What about baby john???

Her little green heart would be broken at first. But she's a hard-working, beautiful little girl and extremely adoptable. No doubt she'd find a good new home before I was even cold, and eventually forget all about me. :( :D

/ tractor insurance queston ? #22  
woodlandfarms said:
In our state, a Tractor is covered under home owners when outside a farming operation (legit, incorporated, not gentleman). If the tractor ever leaves the property, outside of driving too and from addtional parcels, you are not covered. The idea is to keep people from using it as an income device, where it would then be more of a risk.

Living in the same state (Washington), I concur with this summary. I will also add another dimension. If the tractor is damaged on my property, lets say I rolled it, a tree fell on it or some damage occurred, our homeowners policy would not cover that loss for damage. We would have to obtain separate insurance for damage to the tractor.

Also understand the difference in "gap coverage" and "lender coverage" such as you may obtain from JD financing as an example.

Last edited:
   / tractor insurance queston ? #23  
shelter insurance would cover any personal property any place my personal property was.

I asked all these questions.

My personal property (aka tractor) is on the back of my trailer being towed behind my truck, truck crashes tractor is totaled, what pays for it? response, homeowners (this is the same coverage you ahve if you pack up all your house belongings in a Uhaul and it crashes and burns)

my personal property (aka tractor) is over at my neighbors house helping him ______(fill in the blank) tree falls on it or burns up is it covered? as long as you werent getting paid to help him ____ yes covered under your home owners.

my tractor (and my tools) in my barn on my property. tornado comes through blows it over then catches on fire. is my stuff covered? yes as part of your homeowners personal property contents. Mind you if your contents policy is only for 100K and you try to claim 200K worth of stuff, you will only get 100K.

My wife got a job in another city couple years ago. We moved her into an apt there while we looked for a house. I stayed behind to watch our property. When asking about a renters policy, they simply wrote and extension to include the personal property at the aprtment and included like $30 a year more for fire coverage for the unit she was in. no addtional cost for my personal property because it was already included in the 100K worth of personal property onthe coverage of my "base" property.

in short, i suppose it depends on the insurance company on how they want to treat it.

/ tractor insurance queston ? #24  
shelter insurance would cover any personal property any place my personal property was.

I asked all these questions.

My personal property (aka tractor) is on the back of my trailer being towed behind my truck, truck crashes tractor is totaled, what pays for it? response, homeowners (this is the same coverage you ahve if you pack up all your house belongings in a Uhaul and it crashes and burns)

my personal property (aka tractor) is over at my neighbors house helping him ______(fill in the blank) tree falls on it or burns up is it covered? as long as you werent getting paid to help him ____ yes covered under your home owners.

my tractor (and my tools) in my barn on my property. tornado comes through blows it over then catches on fire. is my stuff covered? yes as part of your homeowners personal property contents. Mind you if your contents policy is only for 100K and you try to claim 200K worth of stuff, you will only get 100K.

My wife got a job in another city couple years ago. We moved her into an apt there while we looked for a house. I stayed behind to watch our property. When asking about a renters policy, they simply wrote and extension to include the personal property at the aprtment and included like $30 a year more for fire coverage for the unit she was in. no addtional cost for my personal property because it was already included in the 100K worth of personal property onthe coverage of my "base" property.

in short, i suppose it depends on the insurance company on how they want to treat it.

In addition to those questions, I want to know what happens if I'm on the road and hit something/somebody or if I'm helping a neighbour and an unthinkable accident happens and somebody is hurt/killed. I want to make sure I'm going to be covered if somebody tries to sue me.

/ tractor insurance queston ? #25  
I just used state farm to insure a 2006 new holland tn70a, I have 19000 coverage with 500 deductible at 210 yr

/ tractor insurance queston ? #26  
kiotiken said:
In addition to those questions, I want to know what happens if I'm on the road and hit something/somebody or if I'm helping a neighbour and an unthinkable accident happens and somebody is hurt/killed. I want to make sure I'm going to be covered if somebody tries to sue me.

Great questions that are too specific to rely on any general information the we could likely tell you. I would suggest you get a specific quote from your carrier of choice. So much of the variance has to due with state insurance law and regulation and there is a lot of differences among the states. I for one would be interested in the answer you get or the quote you get from your carrier.

/ tractor insurance queston ? #27  
Insurance isn't too difficult to understand. I am not an agent, just buy complicated policies all the time for various projects. The answer depends on the insurance you have. For me and my tractor, absolutely not. My tractor is not covered off the property, and any dammage it does is not, But I do maintain a significant umbrella policy, and while my tractor and my body would not be covered, the other party would be.

As stated, talk to your agent. Make them speak english. It is not complicated. Don't let them make you think it is.

/ tractor insurance queston ? #28  
I went through this earlier this year. I ended up going with the State Farm personal affects policy. It was more expensive by itself than other tractor policies, but the other policies required to move at least my homeowners to that company. The total cost of the other companies' homeowners/tractor policy was more than the combined State Farm total. My homeowners is higher than most due to no nearby hydrants so others may have different results. I guess insuring everything with them since I was 16 pays off with the discounts I get from them - plus almost no claims over the years.

/ tractor insurance queston ? #29  
$275 is way too high. Shop around and see if they can do a marine policy.

/ tractor insurance queston ? #30  
i have a state farm policy on mine that allows commercial use. it covers $53,000 for tractor and implements. $300,000 business liability, $600,000 aggregate with $500.00 DEDUCTIBLE.

$315.00/ year

personally i didnt see a need for $0 deductible. I just wanted major damage coverage.

i believe its called inland marine coverage.

theres too much of a grey area concerning what is and what isnt covered with homeowners. and anyway, i snow plow other peoples driveways and our road. i needed the commercial coverage.