Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere and Case

Default tractor insurance queston ?

Hi all , Ok so I just called my State farm agent and they gave me a quote for theft insurance on my new to me John Deere 855 mwfd fel tractor for $10,000.00 coverage they quoted me at $275.00 a year with 0 deductible ,I told them the tractor would be on my property that I am building out and behind a locked gate and until I can get the pole barn up it would be living under a tarp and unseen from the road , i have been trailering it back and forth but my current home is 60 miles from there and I wanted to able to sleep at night because the tractor is basically a rolling savings account . I know many of you are way more knowledgeable than me on this is this a good quote ? -009-jpg

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

Default Re: tractor insurance queston ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Hi all , Ok so I just called my State farm agent and they gave me a quote for theft insurance on my new to me John Deere 855 mwfd fel tractor for $10,000.00 coverage they quoted me at $275.00 a year with 0 deductible ,I told them the tractor would be on my property that I am building out and behind a locked gate and until I can get the pole barn up it would be living under a tarp and unseen from the road , i have been trailering it back and forth but my current home is 60 miles from there and I wanted to able to sleep at night because the tractor is basically a rolling savings account . I know many of you are way more knowledgeable than me on this is this a good quote ? -009-jpg
    When you say 10 grand, does that mean total loss they pay you the 10 gs or up to 10 grand.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    Kubota mx5100, MF 1080

That seems a little high to me. I got over $27K coverage for a little over $300/yr. with KTAC. I think I have a $300 deductible. Covers more than theft too.

I called my State Farm agent before KTAC and he said he couldn't write me up a quote.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere and Case

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    When you say 10 grand, does that mean total loss they pay you the 10 gs or up to 10 grand.
    State farm covers all our stuff and for us they work great ,they will not write a "tractor' policy but they will write a personal OWNED article policy for anything you OWN that is not financed and covers theft, vandalism, flood , fire , no comp or collision .and pays 10,000.00 for total loss anything else "vandalism" pays to restore it to insured condition ,I had to provide pictures and serial #'s and pictures of locked gate at the property

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

I think insurance varies widely by location. When I bought my CK30 with Woods bh (bought new), I convinced my insurance company to cover it under my home policy. At first, they weren't very interested since it was over 20hp, and then they put conditions on that didn't work like the coverage is only good on my property. I finally convinced them to cover it as long as I didn't make any money with it. I think it was an extra $100/year on the policy. When I traded up to the DK45 Cab (again new), they increased it another little bit, I think I pay about $130/year for it. I know not everybody is so lucky and most insurance won't cover them at all and at first I was told I would probably have to get farm insurance.

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

Oh ya, nice tractor. My first tractor was a JD 955 that I tore appart and fully restored. It was great, but had a rough life before I got it and needed too much tinker time. Traded for the CK30 and made a bunch of money on it.

Tractor
    Kubota L4240 HSTC,L3000DT

In New York State any-way;mine is covered under my home owners at no addittional cost.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere and Case

Quote Originally Posted by kiotiken View Post
    I think insurance varies widely by location. When I bought my CK30 with Woods bh (bought new), I convinced my insurance company to cover it under my home policy. At first, they weren't very interested since it was over 20hp, and then they put conditions on that didn't work like the coverage is only good on my property. I finally convinced them to cover it as long as I didn't make any money with it. I think it was an extra $100/year on the policy. When I traded up to the DK45 Cab (again new), they increased it another little bit, I think I pay about $130/year for it. I know not everybody is so lucky and most insurance won't cover them at all and at first I was told I would probably have to get farm insurance.
    Yes they told me if it was kept and operated on my current location the cost would be minimal ,but because it would be basically be on the new property it would not be covered by homeowners policy and for less than $25.00 a month I guess it's not to bad at least I will be able to sleep at night and not worry about it (much)

Tractor
    PowerTrac 1850

In our state, a Tractor is covered under home owners when outside a farming operation (legit, incorporated, not gentleman). If the tractor ever leaves the property, outside of driving too and from addtional parcels, you are not covered. The idea is to keep people from using it as an income device, where it would then be more of a risk.
    Power-Trac 1850, grapple, hoe, 90" mower, 72" box blade

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    State farm covers all our stuff and for us they work great ,they will not write a "tractor' policy but they will write a personal OWNED article policy for anything you OWN that is not financed and covers theft, vandalism, flood , fire , no comp or collision .and pays 10,000.00 for total loss anything else "vandalism" pays to restore it to insured condition ,I had to provide pictures and serial #'s and pictures of locked gate at the property
    If State farm puts that in writing, sleep tight. I dropped them over tractor insurance.
    Murph ------------

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast