Broken zerk -- can't get it out

/ Broken zerk -- can't get it out #41  
bad ez out.

fluted or square profile?

/ Broken zerk -- can't get it out #42  
i bet a bad drill angle or dull bit has work hardened the leading edge.. and that and a less hard extractr may be an issue. onc ethe extractor rounds wher eit is making contact at the stuck shell.. you aren't getting any leverage.

driving it sdeeper, if it is not bottomed would help.. that or just peel that thing out of there with a carbide bit.

thought? got a lefty? many times a lefty bites in and unscrews a fastener..

/ Broken zerk -- can't get it out
I don't have a left handed bit, but I've been contemplating buying some. I don't know if the EZ outs are "bad." I just bought them today and they are supposed to be hardened steel.

/ Broken zerk -- can't get it out #44  
if it has necked or waisted in an area.. it wasn't a good set.. especially if a cheap chinese steel zerk did it.. :)

i've seen lots of different tool metals in tap and die and extractor sets. i got a beater metric tap set for junk work, and it is just a bit harder than gr5 steel.. :) on the other hand.. I have a nice sae fine / coarse set that is a workhorse for sure.. not brittle like the cheaper 'hard' set

were they a dull grey color? shiney steel color, or TN coated?

/ Broken zerk -- can't get it out #45  
if it has necked or waisted in an area.. it wasn't a good set.. especially if a cheap chinese steel zerk did it.. :)

i've seen lots of different tool metals in tap and die and extractor sets. i got a beater metric tap set for junk work, and it is just a bit harder than gr5 steel.. :) on the other hand.. I have a nice sae fine / coarse set that is a workhorse for sure.. not brittle like the cheaper 'hard' set

Wow! I can't believe how many different ideas you rattled off there in half dozen posts. Very creative! :thumbsup:

/ Broken zerk -- can't get it out #46  
You're killin' me here. If you'll pay shipping both ways, I'll fix the **** thing.

/ Broken zerk -- can't get it out #47  
This forum is more fun than a swimming hole in June! :D

You're killin' me here. If you'll pay shipping both ways, I'll fix the **** thing.

LOL. It wouldn't be a learning experience if I did that!

Dull grey

/ Broken zerk -- can't get it out #50  
LOL. It wouldn't be a learning experience if I did that!

Don't take this the wrong way, but 1 grease zerk has been kicking your *** for a week now. I think you may have learned all you're going to learn. I'd promise to post pics of the repair....