Joining for the knowledge

/ Joining for the knowledge #1  

toddt

Tractor
New Holland 1720
While trying to get away from having to pay an exorbitant price for a spindle for my 930B I found this site. Looks like a lot of good information and many knowledgeable people are associated with TBN.
We moved to Michigan from Long Island. We purchased a 6 acre parcel of land and built a house, a barn and put in a 3/4 acre pond - each of these steps were several years apart.
Just after building the house I hand seeded the front and a small portion of the back yard. Of course with grass you need a mower. So we (the wife and I) went searching for a riding mower. Found a used Ford 1210 with a flail mower. With only part of the property planted with grass, the little 1210 and the flail mower did a fair to middling job. Needless to say, the first big snow proved that that little 1210 was not suited to plow 150 feet of driveway. Off to the dealer where the 1210 was traded in for a New Holland 1720 (May 1998). Next came the 72" 930B (August 1998) because that little flail mower took too much time to get the job done. Several years later the 1720 was fitted with a 5 foot bucket.
One of the neat things about having a tractor is that I have been able to teach 3 of my grand-daughters how to drive. Of course there have been some mishaps along the way. For instance just several months ago my next to the youngest grand-daughters did this:

1 In pond by itself.jpg

2 Granddaughter on tractor.jpg3.jpg

/ Joining for the knowledge #3  
Welcome to the forum.

/ Joining for the knowledge #4  
No harm no foul, I'm sure it was a great education for her. Welcome to TBN!

/ Joining for the knowledge #6  
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ken

/ Joining for the knowledge #7  
Welcome aboard,, I use a water hose to wash my tractors.. but that does look to be a faster way.. :),, Lou

/ Joining for the knowledge #8  
Yep, I find that the hose is easier, but to each his/her own...

/ Joining for the knowledge #9  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Owning/Operating forum.

/ Joining for the knowledge #10  
Welcome to TBN. She needs to buckle up that seat belt or the ROPS is useless.