Kubota M9000 Not moving in High Gear

/ Kubota M9000 Not moving in High Gear #1  

TexanRider

Tractor
2000 Kubota M9000 2WD with ROP
Hello Everyone, I have a Kubota 2000 Model M9000 2WD with ROP and recently have a problem with it not moving while in High gear range. I bought the tractor last June with 335 hours on it. Previous owner didn't use it much, mostly for hay operation (loading and unloading round bales but not actual bailing or cutting).

I will give everyone a background prior to tractor having this problem. I took the tractor on a drive on road for total of 12 miles for diesel (Saturady). Everything was fine, took around 30 minutes. Got back on property and used it, no problem at all. Next morning used it again, no problem again. Following evening, got on it and tried moving it, the tractor would not move in High gear range. messed with it for short time and it moves in Low gear. It goes back and forward with no probem in Low gear. FEL and PTO works just fine. I checked Hydraulic Oil level and it was low or mostly outside the acceptable range.

I left it alone for a week, had to go out of town for work so couldn't look at it. This weekend I added Hydraulic oil to it (5 gallons, dip stick shows more than necessary). I checked what I can and still doesn't want to go. Don't see anything physically broken. I confirmed this morning and Low gear works as before (slow). I appreciate any help/suggestion anyone can give. Thanks. T.I.

I wasn't sure if I should post this in Repairs. If I dont' get any response I will move.

/ Kubota M9000 Not moving in High Gear #2  
Is it possable the emergency brake is on.

/ Kubota M9000 Not moving in High Gear #3  
What are the symptoms?

Is it possible the range shift is falling short of going fully into high?
Can it be the clutch is weak and just slipping in high where it has enough grip for low range?
(can you move in high gear low range from a dead stop?)

/ Kubota M9000 Not moving in High Gear
What are the symptoms?

Is it possible the range shift is falling short of going fully into high?
Can it be the clutch is weak and just slipping in high where it has enough grip for low range?
(can you move in high gear low range from a dead stop?)

I can move in high gear in low range from a complete stop. It doesn't move in high gear at all so, I don't think its slipping. I am also thinking it's not fully going into the high range. I remember it took a little bit of an effort to put it into high range and now it goes into it too easily.

/ Kubota M9000 Not moving in High Gear #6  
It does sound like the linkage is bent or out of adjustment some how and not engaging high range.

It does sound like the linkage is bent or out of adjustment some how and not engaging high range.

I checked the linkage arm from Hi/Lo shifter to side of transmission and nothing is bent or broken. If it's just an adjustment that is needed, hopefully someone here can chime in.

/ Kubota M9000 Not moving in High Gear #8  
I checked the linkage arm from Hi/Lo shifter to side of transmission and nothing is bent or broken. If it's just an adjustment that is needed, hopefully someone here can chime in.

I would say that the next logical step is to look long and hard at the schematic for the range shift mechanism. Something is messed up there. It going in "too easy" is normally a tip off that expensive is in the forecast. (sorry)

$2140.50 later and tractor is fixed. Clutch needed replacing.

/ Kubota M9000 Not moving in High Gear #10  
Ouch! I see it had 335 hours when you bought it but how many when the clutch went?

Any indication from mechanic as to why it failed?