My bucket is too slow

/ My bucket is too slow #1  

kemartin3

Bronze Member
Tractor
1999 Kubota L3710GST
I bought my Kubota L3710 used. It came with a Woods 1016 FEL. Being new to tractors, I didn't realize it at the time, but now I have come to believe that its hydraulics are tooooo slow. For example, at idle it takes upwards of 10 seconds for the bucket to go from full curl to full dump. Running the RPM up helps some, but it is still very slow. I down-loaded the install manuals from the Woods site, and it appears as if the original dealer may not have used the Woods loader mounting/control valve kit, but made up their own; my valve doesn't look anything like the ones shown in any of the Woods manuals.

My valve was made by Walvoll, an Italian company. I've done some web searches, but have found only one obscure reference to them on an Australian site. There are three other numbers stamped on it besides the manufacturer's name. They are P9808961, 10202001, and SDH102/2P. Has anyone ever heard of this company?

Additionally, I'm not completely comfortable with the way things are plumbed. The Woods manuals show connecting the hydraulics in at the "front hydraulic block" (just in front of the hydro filer on the RH side). They want you to connect
1. The "out" (pressure) port on the hydraulic block to the "in" port on the loader valve.
2. The "PB" (Power Beyond) port on the hydraulic block to the "PB" port of the valve.
3. The "tank/return" port on the hydraulic block to the "out" port of the valve.
All of this seems to make sense.

Now comes the reality of how mine is hooked up.
1. The "out" (pressure) port on the hydraulic block to the "P" port on the loader valve.
2. The "PB" port of the hydraulic block to the "T" port of the loader valve.

This seems to make some sense in that the fluid needs to feed back into a high pressure port (PB port) on the hydraulic block so it can head back to support the 3pt hydraulics. What bothers me is that there is no connection to the "tank" port on the hydraulic block. My minimal understanding of all of this stuff tells me that there is no low pressure drain available to the loader valve. The loader valve also has an unused (plugged) port marked "T1". Anyone have an idea if the lack of an active "drain" port could be behind the sluggish action? I suppose it would be great to have the pressure and flow of the hydro pump checked, but I don't have a way to do it, and the cost of having a dealer (assuming there is one close who has the needed equipment) make a house-call is something I'd sure like to avoid.

Thanks,
Kevin