Added some weight to the rear blade

/ Added some weight to the rear blade #1  

kwolfe

Platinum Member
Just a little project today. Used a 1.5"ID pipe that was two fet long ($10 from HD). Drilled and bolted to the rear blade with a 10" 3/8 bolt ($1). I had the weights already and this is really to hold me over until I get a ballast box. The plates add up to 250lbs. Really made a difference when using the FEL. Helped when pushing over this stump on Saturday. Stump is 36" tall ad about 12" across. Fun!

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 383
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 730
   / Added some weight to the rear blade #2  
Wouldn't that weight make grading gravel or dirt more effective? I am wondering if I should add some weight to my RB. Nice job as ballast.

/ Added some weight to the rear blade #3  
Wouldn't that weight make grading gravel or dirt more effective? I am wondering if I should add some weight to my RB. Nice job as ballast.
Yes, it'll make it cut in a lot faster and should reduce bouncing/skipping of the blade, too.
I need to add some weight to mine. Under certain conditions it'll bounce like crazy when I have the rubber edge on it for snow duty.

/ Added some weight to the rear blade #4  
Yes, adding weight makes the blade more effective, IF you have the traction to move it.

Very nice work.

/ Added some weight to the rear blade #6  
I used my logging and tow chains as added weight in a pinch. Just drape it on the 3 pt of backblade.

/ Added some weight to the rear blade #7  
Yup. These light attachments need a bunch more weight to be useful

IMG_4070.jpg