NO PARKING BRAKES!! Help...

/ NO PARKING BRAKES!! Help... #1  

Typhoon

Gold Member
Tractor
LS MT357HC
Ok, I have a brand new TC29D, and I have done a number to the parking brake. Here is what happened. I was putting the parking brake on, and I pulled up on the little red parking brake handle, and low and behold, it stuck all the way up. BUT the tractor brakes werent on!! Well, I crawled underneath the tractor and here is what I found. For those of you who have a new holland boomer, maybe you can look under your tractors and try to give me a suggestion on the fix. On the end of the parking brake cable under the tractor, there is a metal piece that has shark-tooth ridges up one side of it. The teeth are what catch the part of the brake pedal and make it stay down. Well, if you are under the tractor, you will see that this shark-tooth metal thing rides ON TOP of the brake pedal structure. Well, SOMEHOW, my shark-tooth part is now UNDER the brake pedal part. I have no idea how it got underneath it, but I have to figure a way to get it back on top. Take a look under your tractors and see what im talking about. You will find that the shark-tooth part that im talking about has a pivot bolt going through it, that if loosened, this part can be taken off.. HOWEVER, the head of the bolt is right up against what looks like a hydro-fluid (steel) pipe, so it cant be backed out because it hits this pipe. Thanks in advance for any advice to fix this.
-Brad

/ NO PARKING BRAKES!! Help... #2  
Typhoon,

The only way I can see this happening is if the lever with the teeth is bent or the end is broken off. If neither of these are the case then it would appear that your brake pedal has too much throw and would need to be adjusted. If the throw is the problem then you will have to have some one push the pedal all of the way down while you swivel the toothed lever back into place. then adjust the brake pedal.

attached is a pic of how mine is on my TC33D.

Hope this helps,

Attachments

• 290091-parking brake teeth.jpg
    290091-parking brake teeth.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 216
   / NO PARKING BRAKES!! Help...
Brandon, thanks alot for the pic!! I will try and have someone stand on the brake while I position the tooth lever back on top. Then I will see about adjusting the brake.
Again thanks!!
-Brad