Tractor making me sick?

/ Tractor making me sick? #1  

QwikDraw

Platinum Member
Tractor
Timber King TK711
Hi guys...

Weird story here.

I own a New Holland T5070 and run a batwing mower behind it. We do 300-500 acres a year and it's been a great machine. I had a worker in it mowing an old navy air base this spring and the day he was done he left for vacation. I get a call and he said he has a real bad case of diarrehia and blames my tractor for making him sick.

About a month ago I have some bush hogging and run the machine a few days and...yup, get the worst case of the stomch bug ever...like for a week straight. I also have some other wierd symptoms like I have an ear infection, sulfer tasting burps and then my knee start to ache...

I'm starting to think maybe he's on to something.

The tractor has been sitting and I have to move it the other day and I'm not in it for more than 10 minutes and later that night..stomach issues and the next morning those sulfer burps again..

I'm just putting this out there....anybody ever have something like this happen?

Thanks...

OK

/ Tractor making me sick? #2  
Could it be sun stroke. I got that once when baling hay. Needed a good cold drink and some shade and I was good.

/ Tractor making me sick? #3  
Do you have a cab? Does it have a cabin air filter? Maybe something in that?

/ Tractor making me sick?
It's an enclosed cab....

9.jpg

/ Tractor making me sick? #6  
Does it have a cab... could it be carbon monoxide poisoning.

/ Tractor making me sick? #7  
Do you have a cab? Does it have a cabin air filter? Maybe something in that?

Perhaps mold or something in the HVAC?

These two things are what jumped to my mind. I would clean the air filtration system out, spray a STRONG bleach solution in the duct work, let it set and dry then spray it again and hose it out, then repeat if it was still dirty. But I have a deep "respect" for the power of molds -- they are bad bad ju-ju. Bleach them dead! If there is an AC system, I'd also pay attention to the condenser and stuff.

/ Tractor making me sick? #8  
Could be mice or rats in the system too.

/ Tractor making me sick? #9  
These two things are what jumped to my mind. I would clean the air filtration system out, spray a STRONG bleach solution in the duct work, let it set and dry then spray it again and hose it out, then repeat if it was still dirty. But I have a deep "respect" for the power of molds -- they are bad bad ju-ju. Bleach them dead! If there is an AC system, I'd also pay attention to the condenser and stuff.

John_bud, I did a quick search on the net and that tractor has a cabin filter. If moisture is getting into the air system there could very well be mold. Yes it is indeed bad juju. The mold doesn't have to be on the filter but in the ducts. I think you hit it square. I've seen mold on an AC condensers that the drain was partially clogged was the cause of it.

/ Tractor making me sick?
Thanks guys. I'll check it out. yes it does have AC and cabin filters...and I did see a little mold on the roof. It also has some water stains on the fabric on the roof so I may have had a door not fully closed that allowed some water in. I hope this is the problem.

It's no fun to be scared to get in your tractor!