How do you use your Top-Link: Fixed, Float or Adjustable

/ How do you use your Top-Link: Fixed, Float or Adjustable #31  
I use my tnt without flow restrictors or DPOCV setup all the time and have zero problems with drift. I do adjust the hitch almost constantly when finish grading but not because the cylinders are moving on their own but to make sure the boxblade or landplane is doing what I want. Without flow restrictors it does take a light touch at higher rpm settings but I am OK with that trade off because I wan't to be able to adjust quickly when idling the tractor too.

I would add that it takes alot of seat time to be proficient at finish grading no matter how good the setup is you own. I try to improve my ability with each day of seat time but it is an ongoing endeavor. I can see improvements in work quality with each new job so there is hope. More often than not it is operator failure and/or lack of experience that is the real problem in getting good results with a tractor. IMO there is no magical settings that make operating a boxblade or landplane a "drop and drive" event nor is a little drift of the hydraulic cylinders on the hitch the reason the results are not top notch. It simply takes lots of practice and seat time to get good results and you have to learn how to make the various implements do your bidding.

I do have the float position on my hitch but don't use it very often. Last time I used it was this summer with an older Bush Hog cutter that didn't have the built in float linkage on the deck. My thought about this is better to have float available if and when you need it.

/ How do you use your Top-Link: Fixed, Float or Adjustable #32  
These treads are interesting to read because of the contributors. I reckon that many of us never acquire the seat time to use our equipment (regardless of the attachments) to their full potential. Speaking for myself, it's like putting a fine violin in the hands of a beginner.....you just get noise.:rolleyes:

/ How do you use your Top-Link: Fixed, Float or Adjustable #33  
Well, either it is not a popular option as you have said of there are people that have it and do not know it. :( I have many customers that have been the later and are happy customers when they realize that they do indeed have the float function. :cool2:

You got me thinking (always a dangerous thing!) so I checked the Kubota parts diagrams for my vintage "10 series" machine, and the remotes were NOT available with float even as an option. (whew! I'm not totally senile ... yet:laughing:) Then, I checked the "40" series and found .... they are optional. So at some point, they decided that it had enough popularity to offer them. But I'm still scratching my head on exactly where that is a beneficial thing....guess I'm just not with-it on these modern doo-dads.

/ How do you use your Top-Link: Fixed, Float or Adjustable #34  
You got me thinking (always a dangerous thing!) so I checked the Kubota parts diagrams for my vintage "10 series" machine, and the remotes were NOT available with float even as an option. (whew! I'm not totally senile ... yet:laughing:) Then, I checked the "40" series and found .... they are optional. So at some point, they decided that it had enough popularity to offer them. But I'm still scratching my head on exactly where that is a beneficial thing....guess I'm just not with-it on these modern doo-dads.

Float is handy if you have a rear finish mower, landscape rake, I am going to use it with the rear blade for snow removal, pallet forks on uneven ground, and I used it some with the box blade on the driveway.

/ How do you use your Top-Link: Fixed, Float or Adjustable #35  
I could see some benefit to a floating top link, but the side link I think I would prefer as "fixed" as I could get it.