Rear blower for Massey gc24

/ Rear blower for Massey gc24 #11  
The 25 HP tractor pictured handles the 50" blower very well, but I think in real deep snow anything wider and I'd have to take a partial cut to keep engine rpm up.

I suggest somehow mounting mirrors on your tractor. Makes backing less of a pain with regards to twisting around trying to look behind all the time.

A dozer for the front is something to consider, it not only gives good counter weight, but but makes each move count. That is, when you back up blowing, often times a little snow spills around past the blower, or the blower does not cut down to the ground. With a dozer, after the reverse blowing pass, then going forward the dozer can be angled and will clean up and windrow over the spillage to the snow bank so the blower gets it the next pass. With the blower raised in this dozing maneuver, it gives good rear end weight for traction so the dozer to cut down to the ground.

01 CaseIH DX25e.jpg

/ Rear blower for Massey gc24 #12  
Ilander,

That setup is the real deal! 6-way blade! I'm blown away... I'll bet it'd do a number on those prairie dog holes. I've got the "I'm stuck with a JD garden tractor blade on my JD subcompact tractor" envy of your dozer.

/ Rear blower for Massey gc24 #13  
Ilander,

That setup is the real deal! 6-way blade! I'm blown away... I'll bet it'd do a number on those prairie dog holes. I've got the "I'm stuck with a JD garden tractor blade on my JD subcompact tractor" envy of your dozer.

Thanks for the compliment. When we bought the tractor, CaseIH had a cheezy dozer available with only a hydraulic up and down. To angle right or left the operator had to get off, pull a pin, move the blade and reset the pin. What a pain. So I spent a winter making what's pictured. Yes, it's a 6 way. The blade has enough tilt angle so it can dig shallow V trenches.