Rear blower for Massey gc24

/ Rear blower for Massey gc24 #1  

whoodle

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 110tlb, rtv900.
Hi Folks,

I am thinking of a Meteor 60 or 68 for this little tractor. I do not have a fel. The area I intend to clear is dead flat and paved. About 6000 square foot rectangle between a building and a road. Most of the time the snow will be less than 8 inches with and very rare 20 plus. I'd like to have the 68, but I wonder about the 510 lbs load.
Anyone try this?

/ Rear blower for Massey gc24 #2  
I think you'll need some front weight...
I have a Kubota BX24(similar size tractor, I believe), in winter I remove the FEL & BH and mount a 3pt 52" snowblower.
I now mount a 5 gal plastic pail full of concrete on the front of the tractor to keep the front end down when I move forward with the blower raised.

Pete

/ Rear blower for Massey gc24 #3  
For $2400+, I'd rather have a FEL and 72" rear blade. That way the blower isn't just laying around all summer, and you don't have to drive backwards all winter. But, I don't know what your conditions are, so a big blower may be best. Did you know that SCUT deeres only come with 47" or 54" blowers? I think it's awfully optimistic for your tractor to handle that meteor 68".

/ Rear blower for Massey gc24 #4  
I would look for a blower in the 50" range, a 60" would be to big. Your neck will get tired with a rear blower. Have you thought about a front blade?

/ Rear blower for Massey gc24
I think you'll need some front weight...
I have a Kubota BX24(similar size tractor, I believe), in winter I remove the FEL & BH and mount a 3pt 52" snowblower.
I now mount a 5 gal plastic pail full of concrete on the front of the tractor to keep the front end down when I move forward with the blower raised.

Pete

I thought #500 would be a bit hefty. My 4' bush hog requires weight on the front as well. I have a Jd 110 tlb for summer, and an 84 inch blower and front V-plow. I just have the little red tractor for mowing and blowing my commercial building.

/ Rear blower for Massey gc24 #6  
Something like a Meteor SB51 it is 366lbs should work good but you still may have to put 100lbs on the front or a Agro trend 1054.

/ Rear blower for Massey gc24 #7  
for only 6000 sq ft I would use a rearblade or your fel to push it.

/ Rear blower for Massey gc24
I went with the 60 for higher ground speed and lower weight.

/ Rear blower for Massey gc24 #9  
A tractor mechanic told me a general guide for pto attachments is 5 horsepower for each foot the moving part is wide. A 6 foot blower requires 30 PTO HP. Same with a mower etc...

/ Rear blower for Massey gc24 #10  
I have a 78" smythe on a mf 28hp, in Maine. Plenty of power to blow snow in slow reverse. You are going to need a hood and googles:p. Nice thing about the blower is you don't have to plan for a winters worth of snow piles before the first flakes fall.