New to site and new to a Ford 545D. A few questions (re: block heater, manuals)

/ New to site and new to a Ford 545D. A few questions (re: block heater, manuals) #1  

worknplay

Tractor
1994 Ford 545D
Hi all,

I'm new to the site and new to owning a tractor. I just bought a 1994 Ford 545D.

I'd like to add a block heater. Any advise (e.g. block heater vs. radiator hose heater / not interested in magnetic). I see screw-in block heaters advertised; can anyone direct me to a diagram or picture of where it installs? I don't see an obvious port (I've installed on Ford trucks).

I'd like to get a set of manuals (operators, service, parts). Know of a good source?

Thanks in advance and thanks for this site; it helped greatly while shopping for my tractor.

/ New to site and new to a Ford 545D. A few questions (re: block heater, manuals) #2  
Go talk to the parts guy at your nearby New Holland dealer. The block heaters are pretty generic, most made in Winnipeg. They just replace a frost/welch plug in the block and are better, in my opinion, than something in a radiator hose.

/ New to site and new to a Ford 545D. A few questions (re: block heater, manuals) #3  
The block heaters are a much better device as a winter starting aid then a radiator hose heater. They install in a core plug in the block and are available for most Fords. I have a timer set to to turn the block heater on two hours prior to feeding on our feeding tractor.

/ New to site and new to a Ford 545D. A few questions (re: block heater, manuals) #4  
Block heaters replace a freeze plug like the guy have already said. You could measure the plug and get one at a autoparts store.
Here are the manuals forsale.

/ New to site and new to a Ford 545D. A few questions (re: block heater, manuals) #6  
The correct block heater is affordable and available at any New Holland dealer, probably in stock at most. Comes with detailed, specific installation instructions.

If you want to go to the world of might fits, the diameter is 1.5"