Trouble shifting to low Kubota l4400 hst

/ Trouble shifting to low Kubota l4400 hst #1  

bostractor

Tractor
Kubota L4400 2011
Occasionally, I'll have problems getting my transmission to shift to low. It'll go into medium and High easily. Any insights on this? Thanks.

/ Trouble shifting to low Kubota l4400 hst #2  
Sounds like the gears just need to align. Press the brake and clutch, then shift into neutral, let out on the clutch work the hyrdo pedal then clutch it and it should go into low if not you may have to repeat.

/ Trouble shifting to low Kubota l4400 hst
Thanks. I'll try that.

/ Trouble shifting to low Kubota l4400 hst #4  
No problem.

/ Trouble shifting to low Kubota l4400 hst #5  
On my BX sometimes its a bear to get in. moving the tractor fore and back. pushing the brake.. seem to work.

/ Trouble shifting to low Kubota l4400 hst #6  
good description...I do this almost automatically when it's hard shifting into different gear range, most often, low.

Sounds like the gears just need to align. Press the brake and clutch, then shift into neutral, let out on the clutch work the hyrdo pedal then clutch it and it should go into low if not you may have to repeat.

/ Trouble shifting to low Kubota l4400 hst #7  
I have found that if i shake the FEL it will jar the tractor enough to align the gears

/ Trouble shifting to low Kubota l4400 hst #8  
This might be caused by wrong air pressure in the tires. Try to balance them out with maybe a little less air in the rear.

/ Trouble shifting to low Kubota l4400 hst #9  
I depress the clutch all the way, then slightly press on the HST while pushing the range lever into low. The odds of hitting a tooth vs a slot are greater when going into low. You just need to spin the gears slightly to get a space to align.

/ Trouble shifting to low Kubota l4400 hst #10  
I depress the clutch all the way, then slightly press on the HST while pushing the range lever into low. The odds of hitting a tooth vs a slot are greater when going into low. You just need to spin the gears slightly to get a space to align.

+1 There is a lot of gear reduction going on in low range. If you are on a slight grade when shifting, so you need to keep the brake on to keep from moving a bit, you can use that to your advantage by rolling ahead a couple of inches to re-align the gears a bit. Just don't try to do a rolling shift, be sure you get it totally stopped again before trying to shift! For some reason keeping the front wheels straight also helps, even when in 2wd.