Loader Don't let this happen to you.

/ Don't let this happen to you. #31  
Helicoils are just about the best thing since sliced bread. You don't need them very often, but they work really well. As you probably learned, they are much easier to use than you think.

/ Don't let this happen to you.
Grandad4,
there are no braces going from the loader frame to the front of the tractor, just the two underneath going to the rear end. I don't remember the loader type, but I'll check and see if it should have the front braces also.

Thanks for the heads up.

Well, you were right on, Grandad4, the loader is an LA861 and is missing the side frame. Looks like someone replaced the Kubota grill guard with another type, it is massive but doesn't have the mounting points for the missing side frame.

Attachments

• LA861 SIDE FRAME.pdf
    98.9 KB · Views: 227
   / Don't let this happen to you.
Helicoils are just about the best thing since sliced bread. You don't need them very often, but they work really well. As you probably learned, they are much easier to use than you think.
Right you are, Dave. Works a whole lot better than jamming matchsticks in the hole.:thumbsup:

/ Don't let this happen to you. #34  
Protect the grille but weaken the loader mounting setup so all the really expensive stuff behind the grille is overstressed. Yup. Some really great thinking went into that "improvement". Even if all it's used for is loading mulch, I'd worry that over time that's going to fatigue the loader brackets or the engine block itself and cause a serious failure. Maybe someone could fab up something similar to the factory side frames to mate up with your mega-grill guard. That would have to be less than trying to buy everything you'd need to bring it back to the OEM Kubota setup, if that's even possible.

/ Don't let this happen to you. #35  
I was amazed. Told buddy about posts regarding loose FEL bracket bolts. He said, nah, I've seen what you pick up with it, you'd know if something was loose.

We checked anyway.

Every bolt on right side was loose! Some took a whole rotation to get back to torque of 150 lbs spec.

Left side was better, about half needed tightening while about half were fully torqued down.

Glad I checked!! Thanks, OP, for starting this thread. I only checked because ... well, why not...I, too, was confident I would find all OK...was surprised!

/ Don't let this happen to you. #36  
At the risk of appearing stupid, could someone with a BX2360 post a picture of one of these FEL bolts for me? Are they the little bolts that are located right near the grease fittings? I am still new at "tractoring," and I am trying to absorb as much info from this site as I can. I have kept track of the wheels, done my fluid change, added chains and installed an under armour plate, but there is so much I don't know yet. I'm enjoying it all, however.
Thanks in advance.

/ Don't let this happen to you. #37  
Well, I don't need the pic after all. I just found them. They are all tight. Thanks

/ Don't let this happen to you. #38  
They are the bolts which hold the frame of the FEL on the main body of engine and transmission. Way back where things attach to the tractor, not out the arms or near the bucket. Big suckers on my tractor. Visual inspection is insufficient...gotta put a wrench on each and really get thepressure on it...150 ft lbs requires a pretty long cheater bar and a real grunt to get that tight.

/ Don't let this happen to you. #39  
My son is 6'9", 265, and although I hate to admit it, he can out torque me. He checked them for me and all is well. Thanks.

/ Don't let this happen to you. #40  
I bet he DID get 'em right! Both of my sons out weigh me and tower above me. Wonderful to have a torque son when you need him!!