Loader Don't let this happen to you.

/ Don't let this happen to you.
This is an old thread, but I have a sad update. The tractor broke in the middle, where the engine bolts to the transmission. My FIL was loading dirt into his dump truck. When he went into the pile for the second bucket full, it shuttered and the engine stalled. He called me to come look at it and when I got there I could see it was no longer straight, kind of sway-backed. Looking underneath, you can see the bottom of the flywheel.

/ Don't let this happen to you. #52  
This is an old thread, but I have a sad update. The tractor broke in the middle, where the engine bolts to the transmission. My FIL was loading dirt into his dump truck. When he went into the pile for the second bucket full, it shuttered and the engine stalled. He called me to come look at it and when I got there I could see it was no longer straight, kind of sway-backed. Looking underneath, you can see the bottom of the flywheel.

Oh wow, that's terrible! Do you think it was related to the earlier problem with the FEL mounting bolts?

Oh wow, that's terrible! Do you think it was related to the earlier problem with the FEL mounting bolts?
I do. The pictures on post#23 show two of the mounting holes had nothing to bolt to. You can also see a piece of the casting had already broken off one of the bolt holes in the transmission case. That is where it cracked, in the hole with the broken casting. Grandad4 was right about the loader not being correct for the tractor, causing the casting to be overstressed. I had no idea someone would pair up something like that, and neither my FIL nor I knew enough about tractors and front end loaders at the time to see it wasn't right.

/ Don't let this happen to you. #54  
I do. The pictures on post#23 show two of the mounting holes had nothing to bolt to. You can also see a piece of the casting had already broken off one of the bolt holes in the transmission case. That is where it cracked, in the hole with the broken casting. Grandad4 was right about the loader not being correct for the tractor, causing the casting to be overstressed. I had no idea someone would pair up something like that, and neither my FIL nor I knew enough about tractors and front end loaders at the time to see it wasn't right.

Yeah, that's what I was wondering after seeing the picture with the two holes not being used....ouch. I wouldn't have ever thought to check that a tractor had the right loader on it either....at least not with anything reasonably modern. What a bummer :(

Pictures of the carnage. In the last picture the bolt hole that had the broken casting can be seen in the upper left.
IMG_20140311_180144_117.jpg IMG_20140311_175504_548.jpg IMG_20140311_175521_087.jpg

/ Don't let this happen to you. #56  
Aww, geeeze, that's flat-out painful to look at. What a rotten deal. :(

/ Don't let this happen to you. #57  
Well that stinks.

/ Don't let this happen to you. #58  
Ouch...That really sucks.
I feel for ya.

Have you come up with a plan?

Ouch...That really sucks.
I feel for ya.

Have you come up with a plan?
The dealer picked it up yesterday. He backed his rollback up to it, ran the winch cable underneath the tractor and hooked onto the front bumper. That kept it together while it was being winched onto the truck platform. Now we're just waiting for the damage report.

/ Don't let this happen to you. #60  
Was this the same dealer that sold it to your FIL with the wrong loader on it?
If so, hopefully, they will try to somehow take some of the sting out of this whole situation:)