W4 RUNS!

/ W4 RUNS! #1  

DanB53

Bronze Member
Tractor
McCormick W4
Got the new carb put on today and it fired up with one crank of the starter. First time it's started and ran since the 70s. I'll post a pic within the next couple days of it out for the first drive. I still have no idea what's wrong with the other carb.

/ W4 RUNS! #2  
Glad to hear you got it going..!!

/ W4 RUNS!
Thanks! I'm really happy with how it runs. The valve clearances don't want to stay put but at least it's running!

/ W4 RUNS! #4  
Good to hear. So it will be ready by June to drive it to school along with Me and BigMatt50. And also for the Township show the beginning of June. I can't win first prize two years in a row.

/ W4 RUNS!
Good to hear. So it will be ready by June to drive it to school along with Me and BigMatt50. And also for the Township show the beginning of June. I can't win first prize two years in a row.

We'll see. The body work and paint will only take a month or so. So I hope to have it show ready before the end of May. Fingers crossed

/ W4 RUNS! #6  
We'll see. The body work and paint will only take a month or so. So I hope to have it show ready before the end of May. Fingers crossed

You should start Saturday Morning. You could be done by March.

/ W4 RUNS!
You should start Saturday Morning. You could be done by March.

I will start over Christmas break. I'm just gonna take it slow and make sure everything is perfect. The fenders will take quite a bit of skill to make them look the way they should. Everything else shouldn't take very long because all the rest of the sheet metal is fairly straight. I'm ordering the best quality paint I could find for a reasonable price.

By the way, is BigMatt restoring the B before next summer?

/ W4 RUNS! #8  
DanB53 said:
By the way, is BigMatt restoring the B before next summer?

I doubt it. He wants the 50 to restore.