basic q's from a new operator

/ basic q's from a new operator #11  
Re: basic q\'s from a new operator

I idle mine down once I'm inside the barn. I don't need the extra RPM's, fuel consumption or fumes. I put my FEL in the 'float' position to take any load off of it. I'm usually running with my backhoe rather than a 3PH and I set the bucket gently down as well as the stabilizers. That takes a little finesse' as there is no 'float' position but the idea is pretty much the same. I want them resting on the ground with no load in either direction.

As to 2WD, MFWD and differential lock, I usually have the tractor in 2WD for just getting to wherever I need to go. If I start spinning one rear tire I'll put the differential lock in. If I'm going to be using the loader I'll put it in MFWD. If I get a spinning tire then I lock in the differential. If I'm still stuck I use the loader and backhoe to lift myself out.

I've only had to do that one time when I found two ruts spaced the same distance apart as my wheelbase and sat the tractor on it's frame. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

If that hadn't worked I'd probably have gotten the big winch and a dump truck. Failing that, a friend has a big eight wheeled, articulated Deere that wouldn't even notice it was pulling me out. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ basic q's from a new operator #12  

I always roll my throttle back. I just got a 790 myself - my only new tractor - /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifonly 13 hrs. on it. We noticed that if you don't relieve pressure, it actuaqlly leaked fluid. Going out to wait for the moon to rise....

/ basic q's from a new operator #13  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( if you don't relieve pressure, it actuaqlly leaked fluid )</font>
Where is it leaking from and how much? I don't think a new tractor should be leaking anything with only 13 hours on it....
Mark

/ basic q's from a new operator #14  

Tell her DEERE is much better than a dear. We all go through that stage heck I still enjoy just sitting on my B-7500, and my wife still says she has to wipe the bugs off my teeth from all the grinning when on my tractor.

/ basic q's from a new operator #15  

do u mean it actually leaks fluid out of the system? if that is the case it should not be happening.

/ basic q's from a new operator #16  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Don't worry about leaving the tractor in four wheel drive. It's there to be used and makes life much easier )</font>

I've never been impressed with the argument to not use 4WD to save wear and tear on the unit. I always figured, when the machine finally dies, why should I send a worn out machine with a perfectly good, unused front end to the junkyard?