Massey 135 Perkins Gas, Agco Manuals Question

/ Massey 135 Perkins Gas, Agco Manuals Question #1  

LeviR

Tractor
Massey 135 w/ Perkins gas
Guys and gals, I recently bought the OEM agco service manual for my 135. It arrived yesterday, so I scanned through it.... In my opinion, it was somewhat incomplete. I saw no sections on electrical system service, delco gen/alt rebuilding, starting/charging, sheet metal, etc.... just pretty much motor/trans/pto/hyd and front end. I only saw two wiring diagrams. For the amount of money I paid, I am pretty disappointed. I've been spinning wrenches since I was 12 years old, and it's not that I am in dire need of those sections, but it's always nice to have, especially for the money spent.
I read in MasseyVWs thread about how the agco manual was derrived from the original 5 or more volume set, and that it is lacking in places.
Where can I find these missing sections? Or is there even anything to find? Was it assumed that everyone knew how to rebuild a genny and the like, back then? Would an original 135/150 manual have this info?

/ Massey 135 Perkins Gas, Agco Manuals Question #2  
Guys and gals, I recently bought the OEM agco service manual for my 135. It arrived yesterday, so I scanned through it.... In my opinion, it was somewhat incomplete. I saw no sections on electrical system service, delco gen/alt rebuilding, starting/charging, sheet metal, etc.... just pretty much motor/trans/pto/hyd and front end. I only saw two wiring diagrams. For the amount of money I paid, I am pretty disappointed. I've been spinning wrenches since I was 12 years old, and it's not that I am in dire need of those sections, but it's always nice to have, especially for the money spent.
I read in MasseyVWs thread about how the agco manual was derrived from the original 5 or more volume set, and that it is lacking in places.
Where can I find these missing sections? Or is there even anything to find? Was it assumed that everyone knew how to rebuild a genny and the like, back then? Would an original 135/150 manual have this info?

I am going thru the same thing. Do you have a op manual? That has some missing info but far from complete. How much you pay for your manual? Hopefully not more than 47.00.

/ Massey 135 Perkins Gas, Agco Manuals Question
Murphy, that's correct. I paid $47 or so for the 135/150 manual, but I also bought an operators manual, parts book, and service manual for my 165. So, on that particular manual, it wasn't terrible. but the 165 manual is more of the same.

I didn't buy the 135 owners manual, as I thought I had one around here somewhere, but I was wrong.
Like you said, the owners manual does have a couple of the missing pieces- a couple of wiring diagrams, and routine maintenence, but no in depth stuff.

And mods, I apologize for posting this here. I could have swore I was in the Massey Owning and Operating section. Too many tabs open, I guess!

/ Massey 135 Perkins Gas, Agco Manuals Question #5  
I have yet to find all the info on these tractors and Massey WV has flown the coop. So I too will see if you get a good response to your thread. Mods, This thread needs moved to Vintage Massey Ferguson blog. What year is your 135? Mine is a 67 diesel with 5100 hours.