Hose Problem - Help!

/ Hose Problem - Help! #1  

El Wood

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 3320
Gents,

I'm fairly new to tractoring and I'm having a problem with my Power Beyond hose. I was out plowing some snow using the 3PH a few days ago and found that my draft arms keep bumping into the hose loop and knocking it loose (over time). I looked back to find hydraulic fluid spraying out like a fire hose!

Has anyone experienced this problem? The easy fix is to re route the hose but its so short this has been difficult. I flipped the loop upside down but could but get a good seal and kept dripping a little fluid.

Should I get a longer hose (I hate spending the money...). Any creative ideas? Thanks!

image-116559631.jpg

/ Hose Problem - Help! #2  
Can you remove the 90 degree fittings & set the hose up on a horizontal-plane instead? That would allow you to shorten the hose & should keep it clear of any obstructions. You could almost go with a "hard-line," with QD's males welded to the hard line tubing, since it is just a return loop, that would give you tons of clearance.

Shadow

/ Hose Problem - Help!
Can you remove the 90 degree fittings & set the hose up on a horizontal-plane instead? That would allow you to shorten the hose & should keep it clear of any obstructions. You could almost go with a "hard-line," with QD's males welded to the hard line tubing, since it is just a return loop, that would give you tons of clearance.

Shadow

Thanks Shadow! I really like the "hard line" idea as I don't own anything (yet) that needs the Power Beyond.

/ Hose Problem - Help! #4  
G'day I might sound stoopid here but that hose looks to me like it is just hooked into the remote couplings, sooo can someone explain to me please why it is there?? It seems to me like some people like to overcomplicate things with hyds I can't see why this hose is needed.

Jon

/ Hose Problem - Help!
G'day I might sound stoopid here but that hose looks to me like it is just hooked into the remote couplings, sooo can someone explain to me please why it is there?? It seems to me like some people like to overcomplicate things with hyds I can't see why this hose is needed.

Jon

Jon,

That's where Deere mounts their Power Beyond kits. The top fitting is a QD while the bottom fitting is hard lined in. You can pop off the top QD and plug it into a backhoe, log splitter, etc. I just don't understand why they would mount it there and have it hang down into your 3PH area. My draft arms kept hitting it and finally knocked the bottom fitting loose. I turned around and found hydraulic fluid spraying out the back.

/ Hose Problem - Help! #6  
Power beyond provides constant flow/pressure of hydraulic fluid, therefore on a PB setup as GreatLakes37, he HAS to complete the circuit via installing a bypass hose. If he didn't install the by-pass hose he would lose function of the whole system (no return to tank).
Shadow

/ Hose Problem - Help! #7  
Would it be possible to just invert that loop so it sticks UP? As in, take it off, flip it over, hook it up... Steve

/ Hose Problem - Help! #8  
Would it be possible to just invert that loop so it sticks UP? As in, take it off, flip it over, hook it up... Steve
Thats what it needs.

/ Hose Problem - Help! #9  
Thanks for the answers Don and why they have to put it like that is beyond me surely they could make a simpler setup without costing them a fortune. Why couldn't they just have a "T" piece on the back of each QD with a tap in the middle that you can just turn on/off depending on where you want the oil flow??

Jon

/ Hose Problem - Help! #10  
Thanks for the answers Don and why they have to put it like that is beyond me surely they could make a simpler setup without costing them a fortune. Why couldn't they just have a "T" piece on the back of each QD with a tap in the middle that you can just turn on/off depending on where you want the oil flow??

Jon

We Americans love to complicate the crap out of everything