Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Gold Member El Wood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    267
    Location
    Michigan
    Tractor
    JD 3320

    Default Hose Problem - Help!

    Gents,

    I'm fairly new to tractoring and I'm having a problem with my Power Beyond hose. I was out plowing some snow using the 3PH a few days ago and found that my draft arms keep bumping into the hose loop and knocking it loose (over time). I looked back to find hydraulic fluid spraying out like a fire hose!

    Has anyone experienced this problem? The easy fix is to re route the hose but its so short this has been difficult. I flipped the loop upside down but could but get a good seal and kept dripping a little fluid.

    Should I get a longer hose (I hate spending the money...). Any creative ideas? Thanks!



    Hose Problem - Help!-image-116559631.jpg

  2. #2
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    77
    Location
    Southwick,MA
    Tractor
    Pasquali 993 w/FEL, Economy2414 w/FEL

    Default Re: Hose Problem - Help!

    Can you remove the 90 degree fittings & set the hose up on a horizontal-plane instead? That would allow you to shorten the hose & should keep it clear of any obstructions. You could almost go with a "hard-line," with QD's males welded to the hard line tubing, since it is just a return loop, that would give you tons of clearance.

    Shadow
    Growing older is... MANDATORY, Growing up is... OPTIONAL

  3. #3
    Gold Member El Wood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    267
    Location
    Michigan
    Tractor
    JD 3320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow99 View Post
    Can you remove the 90 degree fittings & set the hose up on a horizontal-plane instead? That would allow you to shorten the hose & should keep it clear of any obstructions. You could almost go with a "hard-line," with QD's males welded to the hard line tubing, since it is just a return loop, that would give you tons of clearance.

    Shadow
    Thanks Shadow! I really like the "hard line" idea as I don't own anything (yet) that needs the Power Beyond.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member banjodunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,169
    Location
    Oz

    Default Re: Hose Problem - Help!

    G'day I might sound stoopid here but that hose looks to me like it is just hooked into the remote couplings, sooo can someone explain to me please why it is there?? It seems to me like some people like to overcomplicate things with hyds I can't see why this hose is needed.



    Jon

  5. #5
    Gold Member El Wood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    267
    Location
    Michigan
    Tractor
    JD 3320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by banjodunn View Post
    G'day I might sound stoopid here but that hose looks to me like it is just hooked into the remote couplings, sooo can someone explain to me please why it is there?? It seems to me like some people like to overcomplicate things with hyds I can't see why this hose is needed.

    Jon
    Jon,

    That's where deere mounts their Power Beyond kits. The top fitting is a QD while the bottom fitting is hard lined in. You can pop off the top QD and plug it into a backhoe, log splitter, etc. I just don't understand why they would mount it there and have it hang down into your 3PH area. My draft arms kept hitting it and finally knocked the bottom fitting loose. I turned around and found hydraulic fluid spraying out the back.

  6. #6
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    77
    Location
    Southwick,MA
    Tractor
    Pasquali 993 w/FEL, Economy2414 w/FEL

    Default Re: Hose Problem - Help!

    Power beyond provides constant flow/pressure of hydraulic fluid, therefore on a PB setup as GreatLakes37, he HAS to complete the circuit via installing a bypass hose. If he didn't install the by-pass hose he would lose function of the whole system (no return to tank).
    Shadow
    Growing older is... MANDATORY, Growing up is... OPTIONAL

  7. #7
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    562
    Location
    Albany OR
    Tractor
    Case 580B, Long 460, Allis-Chalmers 160

    Default Re: Hose Problem - Help!

    Would it be possible to just invert that loop so it sticks UP? As in, take it off, flip it over, hook it up... Steve

  8. #8
    Elite Member Don87's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,226
    Location
    SW Pa.
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

    Default Re: Hose Problem - Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by BukitCase View Post
    Would it be possible to just invert that loop so it sticks UP? As in, take it off, flip it over, hook it up... Steve
    Thats what it needs.
    Don

    MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

  9. #9
    Veteran Member banjodunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,169
    Location
    Oz

    Default Re: Hose Problem - Help!

    Thanks for the answers Don and why they have to put it like that is beyond me surely they could make a simpler setup without costing them a fortune. Why couldn't they just have a "T" piece on the back of each QD with a tap in the middle that you can just turn on/off depending on where you want the oil flow??



    Jon

  10. #10
    Super Star Member murphy1244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    15,810
    Location
    Ohio
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

    Default Re: Hose Problem - Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by banjodunn View Post
    Thanks for the answers Don and why they have to put it like that is beyond me surely they could make a simpler setup without costing them a fortune. Why couldn't they just have a "T" piece on the back of each QD with a tap in the middle that you can just turn on/off depending on where you want the oil flow??
    .

    Jon

    We Americans love to complicate the crap out of everything
    Murph ------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Loader Hydraulic Problem after replacing hose
    By Fluoronator in forum Hydraulics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 07:49 AM
  2. Backhoe HW04X BH Hose Connection Problem
    By Smalljobs in forum Chinese Tractors
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-31-2011, 01:31 PM
  3. Woods 650 BH Hose Problem
    By Temp97 in forum Parts/Repairs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 09:02 PM
  4. Backhoe Hydraulic hose problem with 930 Backhoe
    By DCJL in forum New Holland Owning/Operating
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-15-2008, 01:11 PM
  5. TC24DA FEL Hyd hose problem
    By ohdeerfarmer in forum New Holland Owning/Operating
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-21-2005, 11:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2013 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.