John Deere 110 TLB issue

/ John Deere 110 TLB issue #1  

41gpaws

Tractor
John Deere 110 TLB
I received my first tractor a few days ago but I just got a chance to drive it for the first time today. It seems to be very slow. When I move the lever it does idle faster and go faster but that still seems too slow. What should I do?

/ John Deere 110 TLB issue #2  
41gpaws,

What range is the transmission in?

/ John Deere 110 TLB issue #3  
It is not clear to me what you mean by is slow. Is it the tractor travel speed( max travel speed is 26KPH) or hyd. movement speed(loader movement).
You said "When I move the lever it does idle faster and go faster but that still seems too slow" The level you are talking about is it the throttle? Does engine rev up?
There are three speed ranges A= low,B=mid and C= high

/ John Deere 110 TLB issue #5  
One more though the travel speed is controlled by what range is set and by the forward and reverse foot peddle on the floor by your right foot ( sitting on tractor)

/ John Deere 110 TLB issue #6  
Is the parking brake on?

/ John Deere 110 TLB issue
I am talking about the tractor traveling speed. By lever, I'm talking about the throttle and the engine does rev up when I move it. I was not aware of the A B and C for speed range. I bought it with 500 hours. The previous owner told me where the original manual is located as well as the original VHS that came with it. I will watch the tape and go through the manual. Thank you for all the help. Will keep you posted.

/ John Deere 110 TLB issue #8  
Lots of good information in the manual, I recommend you read it from cover to cover first. Then watch the video which will provide some answers to other questions you may have. This forum and members such as myself will be here to help with other questions you may have so becoming an active member here would benefit you. There are several members here besides myself with the 110tlbs'.

/ John Deere 110 TLB issue #10  
I am talking about the tractor traveling speed. By lever, I'm talking about the throttle and the engine does rev up when I move it. I was not aware of the A B and C for speed range. I bought it with 500 hours. The previous owner told me where the original manual is located as well as the original VHS that came with it. I will watch the tape and go through the manual. Thank you for all the help. Will keep you posted.

Increase engine RPM to ~1800 and put transmission in "C" range. On level ground, you should see a speed increase. You can increase engine speed higher, but start out low if you haven't tried this before. While I sometimes wish mine had a higher top speed, it will move right along in "C" range.