Lamborghini R1.40

/ Lamborghini R1.40 #14  
Hello Friends!

I've just bought myself a little tractor. It's a Lamborghini R1.40 (second hand, from 2005). The dealer told me that this model's specs are exactly the same as the new R1.45.

I've done a couple of searches on google and I can't find much information of this model. It seems that the production ended in 2003. The model is not listed in your reviews site: Lamborghini Reviews - TractorByNet.com

Anybody has this model? I would like to have the exact manual for this machine. I found the r1.45 specs and manuals, but I'm not 100% sure that there are the same.

The tractor has 43HP. It's a 1500cc Turbo engine. Plenty of power for my requirements.

View attachment 295716

You may already know that your Lamborghini is made by Same Deutz Fahr. They are great tractors. I've owned two and have the last one I bought but it's Deutz Fahr. First one wasn't large enough to do what I wanted so I traded up. From what I learned with the first one and what I have now they can have different brand engines.I think your's has MITSUBISHI Euro II, liquid cooled engine. One I have now has a German Deutz water cooled engine. If your front wheel assist is like all the others that I've seen it has real 4 wheel drive if you have front and rear locks on. Not needed often but very handy when needed. Just can't turn the steering when locked in. These engines are really great on fuel usage. You get a lot of features standard with these tractors that cost extra on other brands.

Here's a link to your specs. Cool tractor. http://www.samedeutz-fahr.com/ebusiness/2258/lamborghinir13555brochureeng.pdf?ccode=en-EN

/ Lamborghini R1.40
You may already know that your Lamborghini is made by Same Deutz Fahr. They are great tractors. I've owned two and have the last one I bought but it's Deutz Fahr. First one wasn't large enough to do what I wanted so I traded up. From what I learned with the first one and what I have now they can have different brand engines.I think your's has MITSUBISHI Euro II, liquid cooled engine. One I have now has a German Deutz water cooled engine. If your front wheel assist is like all the others that I've seen it has real 4 wheel drive if you have front and rear locks on. Not needed often but very handy when needed. Just can't turn the steering when locked in. These engines are really great on fuel usage. You get a lot of features standard with these tractors that cost extra on other brands.

Here's a link to your specs. Cool tractor. http://www.samedeutz-fahr.com/ebusiness/2258/lamborghinir13555brochureeng.pdf?ccode=en-EN

Thanks for the link. I understand that the R1.40 is essentially the same as the newer R1.45 model. Specs are identical.

I have a little question for you, as you said that you own one of these. I don't like the clutch adjustement; I suppose the previous owner liked this way: it has (in my understanding) too much "dead way". I mean (sorry, I'm not a native english speaker), that when you begin to press the transmission clutch, there are about 10 cm (about 4 inches) of freeplay before the pedal starts to do some real work on the clutch.

Do you know any manual or site with schematics of the device?. I would like to adjust the freeplay as it says in the manual, about 1-2 inches max.

/ Lamborghini R1.40 #16  
Thanks for the link. I understand that the R1.40 is essentially the same as the newer R1.45 model. Specs are identical.

I have a little question for you, as you said that you own one of these. I don't like the clutch adjustement; I suppose the previous owner liked this way: it has (in my understanding) too much "dead way". I mean (sorry, I'm not a native english speaker), that when you begin to press the transmission clutch, there are about 10 cm (about 4 inches) of freeplay before the pedal starts to do some real work on the clutch.

Do you know any manual or site with schematics of the device?. I would like to adjust the freeplay as it says in the manual, about 1-2 inches max.

Both tractors I've had were hydraulic shuttle(one 87 hp the last 96 hp) and I never use the foot clutch except for starting the engine. If you're in the US (I don't see your location) you could contact a Deutz Fahr dealer. They should be able to help.
Here's a link for the Deutz Fahr Agrokid. http://www.samedeutz-fahr.com/ebusiness/2065/agrokidusabrochure.pdf?ccode=en-US It appears to be very much like what you have, maybe just different color paint. My dealer had one of these on his lot several years ago and they are considered orchard tractors.It was a can model. So if you have a Deutz Fahr or Same dealer near you they may be able to help.

/ Lamborghini R1.40
I'm in Europe.

But yeah, I should go to a local Deutz/Lamborghini dealer. Thanks for the advice!! I'm no mechanic.

/ Lamborghini R1.40 #18  
Congrats. That's a fine looking tractor.

/ Lamborghini R1.40 #19  
To adjust clutch pedal free travel I don't think you need a manual so much. It's one of the simpliest ajustments on a tractor. Loose the lock nut on the rod, turn the turnbuckle to ensure required pedal play gap while pushing a pedal by hand and retighten the lock nut. Make a road test. Readjust if it's still incorrect.
A mistake you may make is that you could not leave a free travel at all. Avoid that consequence.
Just an example: free pedal play on my tractor is 35-45 mm. On yours could be a bit less.
Good luck. Nice tractor you have.

BTW what European country ar you from?

/ Lamborghini R1.40
Thanks for your advice, saracenas. I'll try that tomorrow.

I'm in Spain, by the way (I've updated my member info). I see that you're from EU, too.