Lamborghini R1.40

/ Lamborghini R1.40 #31  
Bought the service manual (agrokid, couldn't find for lamborghini) on Ebay. $9.99 + Shipping.

That's a good price! There was a site in Australia that had the manuals available for download, but I could not retrieve the site when I goggled again.

If you find any information on adding POWER BEYOND, I'm more than interested. My local dealer was just guessing when he said to tap off the power steering unit.

My Hurlimann Prince is older than your Lambo, and has only a single hydraulic pump. A priority flow divider routes fluid to the PS. A bit of a complication. Your machine has a tandem pump.

/ Lamborghini R1.40 #33  
How much different are our respective Lambo early history versions?

Well maybe not so different after all, I was remembering what it was that started the spat between them.

It supposedly had to do with a clutch failure on a Ferrari owned by Mr Lamborghini, who was unhappy to discover the clutch was the same one used in his tractors. When Lamborghini asked for a better replacement that led to the comment you mentioned, by Enzo Ferrari, about Lamborghini knowing jack squat about sports cars.

/ Lamborghini R1.40 #34  
The clutch incident on Lambo's Ferrari is a new one to me; but it sounds plausible. Enzo admitted that he only built road cars to finance his racing habit.

A lot of sports cars had humble beginnings and components in them. Carroll Shelby built the AC Cobra from the body shell and modified chassis of the unremarkable British AC Ace sports car. The original Ford Mustang was a boring Falcon under the skin.

/ Lamborghini R1.40 #35  
The clutch incident on Lambo's Ferrari is a new one to me; but it sounds plausible.

Yeah it sounds good but I wasn't there so who knows. :)

/ Lamborghini R1.40 #36  
   / Lamborghini R1.40 #37  
Wish I had the Hurlimann 435 Service Manual. I would like to know the hydraulic system more accurately.

I can help with AgroKid literature on the contemporary tractors. (SAME Solaris , D-F Agrokid, Lambo R1 and Hurlimann are all made by S.A.M.E /D-F)

Check your private mail

Cheers

Cal

/ Lamborghini R1.40 #38  
Lamborghini got its start making tractors and only started making sports cars in the 60's when Enzo Ferrari pissed off Mr. Lamborghini with a comment about all Lamborghini made was dull farm tractors. That comment fired up Lamborghini to try and upstage Ferrari by building his own sports cars to beat Enzo at his own game. If I'm not mistaken, Lambo's first car was the mid 60's ground breaking Miura. A gorgeous car; but not necessarily the best car of its day for handling and reliability.
There are several stories behind how Enzo pissed off Ferruccio, I don't know which one is true. Most of the stories I have heard revolve around poor clutch performance and poor after the sale service. The bottom line is that Enzo did piss off Ferruccio and Ferruccio did set out to "out Ferrari Ferrari". Using money from his tractor and HVAC companies he started Lamborghini Automobile and did "out Ferrrari Ferrrari" with his first car. That was the 350GT in 1963, followed shortly by the 400GT, the Miura was first displayed at the Geneva auto show in 1966. A few Miura's were delivered in 1966, but real "production" started in 1967. As long as you keep the throttle on in the Miura, it handles very well, back off on the throttle at the wrong time and you have just swapped ends. The Miura scares most people and they don't drive it correctly. Reliability in the Miura is directly related to keeping the maintenance done properly, it was as reliable as any Ferrari of the day, if not more so. Not that that is saying much. The 400GT's were more reliable and easier to work on. I know a guy who bought his 400GT new in 1967 and presently has over 400,000 miles on it. He is heading out on a 2500 mile cruise with it in 2 weeks.

/ Lamborghini R1.40 #39  
Were you ever able to find that service manual? I have the SAME Solaris 35, which I understand to be the same model....

Hio
Could you please snd me an address for the Hurlimann Prince 435 Service Manual 435. You said it was $50. I'll pay it.

/ Lamborghini R1.40 #40  
Cool tractor. I actually looked at one a while back. I too own a Lambo it is awd but won't do what the tractor will do. As for the Lambo vs Ferrari thing, I don't know the specifics but it did has something to do with Ferrari breaking down on Lamborghini and he decided to build his own. The Miura was considered the worlds first super car at the time. The Miura had it's issues too regardless of how well you drive/maintained it. That's always been the thing with Lambo's, great looking cars but it may/may not run though. That pretty much changed when Audi took over management of it. Below is a pic of mine and it drives great and looks even better.

car4.jpg
car5.jpg