Canopy Cover My Tractor canopies

/ Cover My Tractor canopies #1  

ol'oilburner

Bronze Member
Tractor
2009 M/F 1529
I'm looking to put a canopy on my tractor for protection from the wind & snow while snow blowing & plowing and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the "Cover My Tractor" brand of soft sided canopies. I've tried a search on the topic & can't seem to find any results. I'm looking for opinions & impressions from anyone to has/had one or if they know someone who has/had one and whether or not they would recommend them. They're certainly not cheap for a soft sided canopy, the one for my tractor is $1670 before taxes & shipping, but if they are a good quality canopy then it would be money well spent. Thank you to all who can provide me with any more information on these canopies.

/ Cover My Tractor canopies #2  
just looking myself. did you find out anything about them?

hoyt

/ Cover My Tractor canopies #3  
I have the "Cover My Tractor" Cab on my L4610 and highly recommend "Walt" and his people (Jacksonville, Fl). It is my 2nd winter with my CMT cab and am totally satisfied. The quality is excellent and the "StrataGlas" is totally clear. It fits within a fraction of an inch and keeps me dry and warm. We've had 11 degrees below zero here already this winter and I am very happy with my CMT cab. I need my tractor open for summer haying and this does the job in spades.

Pic 1 is last year and 2 & 3 show the blower on the loader a week ago (my present configuration). Not a flake of snow gets inside that CMT Cab. It has massive zippers that work. The seamstress sewing is extremely well done. And, lastly the style is that of an expensive equestrian carriage. I don't know how it could be done any better.

Attachments

• DSC01834.JPG
    DSC01834.JPG
    867.1 KB · Views: 465
  • DSC01833.JPG
    DSC01833.JPG
    877.4 KB · Views: 439
  • DSC01320.jpg
    DSC01320.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 631
Last edited:
   / Cover My Tractor canopies #4  
That actually looks pretty good for what it is. I actually just bought some clear vinyl to enclose my "cab" project, but I'm going to completely change it and make it a bit more permanent (instead of bolt on/off like I originally designed). Looks like the clear plastic works well though. Is the front "glass" hard or soft?

Also, what is that on the back of the tractor ??? A dedicated PTO hydraulic pump for the blower? Does the tractor not have enough flow to turn the blower?

/ Cover My Tractor canopies #5  
I also have one of theirs on my JD 5045E. Fit was perfect and no problems with zippers or Velcrow fasteners. The front glass is plastic and you can zip down and roll up with snaped straps to get them out of the way for summer use. The sliding door is not as handy as a hinged latch unit if you need to mount and dismount alot but for $5000 less then a factory cab I will deal with it.

/ Cover My Tractor canopies #6  
TSO, et al

My "Cab" is "StrataGlas" all way around.

Yes, my DIY rear to front snow blower cannot run effectively on the Kubota's 10 gpm hydraulic system. However the independant PTO really makes it a simple job to power on-off a dedicated rear 20 gpm pump. Tank, relief valve, return filter and a 3/4" pressure line that goes to the blower's hydraulic motor are necessary. Provide a 3/4" return to the tank plus a smaller case drain line, some oil and your in business! I had earlier done the steel work to change the blower from a 3 ph to a 4 point "pin on" loader mount. There are no complex hydraulic valves or plumbing........................ you simply "turn on" the PTO to blow snow and "turn it off" when finished. It is a very simple system that works really well.

Attachments

• DSC01599.jpg
    DSC01599.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 246
  • DSC01744.jpg
    DSC01744.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 302
  • DSC01736.jpg
    DSC01736.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 371
  • DSC01729.jpg
    DSC01729.jpg