Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    New Holland / T4.75 Powerstar & Boomer 1030, Case 580 SM II

Default Re: Water in diesel

water doesn't have to freeze to settle to the bottom. Water is heavier than Diesel even in it's liquid state.

Tractor
    Kubota X 4

As long as you have not added any water dispersing fuel treatments, you can use a MR FUNNEL and if will remove the water.

Mr Funnel Home

David Kb7uns
    Grand L3130GST LA723 Loader, ATI grapple, ATI grapple bucket, WR Long front remote, Kubota rear remotes, Bradco 408 Backhoe with thumb, 60"KK brush hog, 60" RM Finish Mower, Speeco Post Auger, 72" KK rear blade, 60" box blade
    BX2230 LA211, RCK60, GCK60 Bagger,42"Land Pride Tiller, XB BB, XB RB, rake, Fimco 3PT sprayer
    G2160 RCK60 Mower
    RTV1100 Orange, Work Lights, Front Rear Winch,Rear Screen, High Mount air cleaner, water seperator
    2010 Polaris RZR 800 S
    2007 CAN AM Outlander 800 LTD

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

I was going to suggest mr funnel too, but you beat me to it. but your statement if about not adding water dispersants bothers me. I admit, I dont use mr funnel on my BX, but you got me thinking. what would happen to either cases .

I just researched a little on mr funnel and power service. on mr funnel website it says :Fuel additives and stabilizers may allow water to pass through filter. Add additives directly to tank. I always add PS to the tank anyways. To the OP - it might be a good idea to get a mr funnel if you havent used a additive yet in the can.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Thanks everybody for the feedback. Dumped it into the truck today. It's got a water in fuel idiot light so I should at least get a warning. The last little bit was more clear than green, but not much in the grand scope of things.

Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

Quote Originally Posted by joshuabardwell View Post
    Thanks everybody for the feedback. Dumped it into the truck today. It's got a water in fuel idiot light so I should at least get a warning. The last little bit was more clear than green, but not much in the grand scope of things.
    Better pack you a extra fuel filter in the glove box. I've seen a time or two when the light came on as it sputters to a halt!

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Quote Originally Posted by DT86 View Post
    Better pack you a extra fuel filter in the glove box. I've seen a time or two when the light came on as it sputters to a halt!
    I know. Honestly, I think folks here are right that it was just not enough to matter--especially out of a 30 gallon tank. I'll be keeping my eyes open though.

Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

As mentioned, Mr funnel or its Racor rebranded equivalent.

Water in fuel is bad mojo. Most small tractors come with a pretty chinsy fuel filter. I wouldnt want to over tax it. And then there is the issue of freezing if you get too cold.

I have a Racor model 120 sitting in a box on the shelf waiting to go onto my BX. The factory filters are a joke.

Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

Quote Originally Posted by joshuabardwell View Post
    I know. Honestly, I think folks here are right that it was just not enough to matter--especially out of a 30 gallon tank. I'll be keeping my eyes open though.
    I too doubt there will be any issues but I'd rather have one with me than have to call someone to bring me one on the side of the road. I even keep a 19mm wrench in the door pocket to bleed the injectors should I need to.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

You know, come to think of it, maybe the time to dump questionable fuel into my truck's tank was NOT the night before I am going to be driving the trailer 120 miles one-way to take the pigs to the processor.

Quote Originally Posted by DT86 View Post

Correct. also the new 20,000psi common rail systems can suffer serious damage from water. (quickly too) Putting it into a newer truck would be the last place id put it. the tractor would be more tolerant of water than a new truck. (ignore if you have a 15 year old or older truck).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast