Water in diesel

/ Water in diesel #11  
water doesn't have to freeze to settle to the bottom. Water is heavier than Diesel even in it's liquid state.

/ Water in diesel #13  
I was going to suggest mr funnel too, but you beat me to it. but your statement if about not adding water dispersants bothers me. I admit, I dont use mr funnel on my BX, but you got me thinking. what would happen to either cases .

I just researched a little on mr funnel and power service. on mr funnel website it says :Fuel additives and stabilizers may allow water to pass through filter. Add additives directly to tank. I always add PS to the tank anyways. To the OP - it might be a good idea to get a mr funnel if you havent used a additive yet in the can.

/ Water in diesel
Thanks everybody for the feedback. Dumped it into the truck today. It's got a water in fuel idiot light so I should at least get a warning. The last little bit was more clear than green, but not much in the grand scope of things.

/ Water in diesel #15  
Thanks everybody for the feedback. Dumped it into the truck today. It's got a water in fuel idiot light so I should at least get a warning. The last little bit was more clear than green, but not much in the grand scope of things.

Better pack you a extra fuel filter in the glove box. I've seen a time or two when the light came on as it sputters to a halt!

/ Water in diesel
Better pack you a extra fuel filter in the glove box. I've seen a time or two when the light came on as it sputters to a halt!

I know. Honestly, I think folks here are right that it was just not enough to matter--especially out of a 30 gallon tank. I'll be keeping my eyes open though.

/ Water in diesel #17  
As mentioned, Mr funnel or its Racor rebranded equivalent.

Water in fuel is bad mojo. Most small tractors come with a pretty chinsy fuel filter. I wouldnt want to over tax it. And then there is the issue of freezing if you get too cold.

I have a Racor model 120 sitting in a box on the shelf waiting to go onto my BX. The factory filters are a joke.

/ Water in diesel #18  
I know. Honestly, I think folks here are right that it was just not enough to matter--especially out of a 30 gallon tank. I'll be keeping my eyes open though.

I too doubt there will be any issues but I'd rather have one with me than have to call someone to bring me one on the side of the road. I even keep a 19mm wrench in the door pocket to bleed the injectors should I need to.

/ Water in diesel
You know, come to think of it, maybe the time to dump questionable fuel into my truck's tank was NOT the night before I am going to be driving the trailer 120 miles one-way to take the pigs to the processor.

:duh:

/ Water in diesel #20  

Correct. also the new 20,000psi common rail systems can suffer serious damage from water. (quickly too) Putting it into a newer truck would be the last place id put it. the tractor would be more tolerant of water than a new truck. (ignore if you have a 15 year old or older truck).