Kubata BX2200 4-way valve hydralics don't work properly

/ Kubata BX2200 4-way valve hydralics don't work properly #1  

horsefarm84

Tractor
Kubota BX2200
Hello,
I'm a new Kubota BX2200 tractor owner and I have very little knowledge of hydralics. Mt BX2200 has a 4-way valve joystick-type hydralic countroller mounted on the driver's right side. I have a BX2711 front-mounted quick hitch which has (2) hydro hoses to adjust the up/down pump and a BX2763 snowblade which has (2) hoses to adjust the blade's angle of attack pnmp. All the hoses are connected but their movement is very minimal; both only have about 1/4" to 1/2" of travel. Basically, the blade is currently at a straight 90 degree angle of the tractor and is positioned about 6" off the ground. I can't adjust the blade at a slanted angle or lower it closer to the ground. Any ideas what may be occuring or what I may have done wrong?...

I posted this issue in a different thread but it was buried under a couple pages of dialogue so I figured I'd repost in a new thread.

Thanks for any thoughts or guidance.:confused3:

/ Kubata BX2200 4-way valve hydralics don't work properly #2  
In what order are your hoses connected? On our BX2660 with the BX2763A blade, there are 4 hydraulic connectors in a row. The inner two are for one function (angle?) and the outer two are for the other (lift?).

Aaron Z

/ Kubata BX2200 4-way valve hydralics don't work properly #3  
Is the joystick locked? There is a mechanical lock to keep the joystick from moving I think-just not sure what it looks like on your Kubota.

/ Kubata BX2200 4-way valve hydralics don't work properly #4  
If the BX2200 is anything like my Dad's there is a joystick lock that prevents the handle from being moved if desired. It is located near the base of the lever and flips down from the cover. It has a U-shaped detail that limits joystick travel.

His spool valve and hose set-up did not use quick connects, thereby requiring the hoses to be threaded making changing implements a real pain. I'm guessing the hoses are connected wrong. The hoses for the up-down motion should use the two inner most connections (inner with respect to the tractor) and the two outer used for the angle function.

Perhaps the photo will help. Yellow for the UP-Down and Green for the angle.
BX2200 joystick spool JPEG.jpg

/ Kubata BX2200 4-way valve hydralics don't work properly #5  
After reading the first post. first question that came to my mind is are you hearing the relief kick in? if it does then the hoses most likely is connected wrong. The other question that popped up is if this is your first install of the blade, I wonder if the the hoses were empty, and now your HST oil is low?
Kenny is correct- I'd check the lever lock as its the easy thing to overlook. I'd check the hst oil level before starting up to make sure its not low. As for the hoses connected wrong, its possible - is the blade hoses have color tape on them? Do they correspond with thoses on the loader ports?

/ Kubata BX2200 4-way valve hydralics don't work properly #6  
If the BX2200 is anything like my Dad's there is a joystick lock that prevents the handle from being moved if desired. It is located near the base of the lever and flips down from the cover. It has a U-shaped detail that limits joystick travel.
His spool valve and hose set-up did not use quick connects, thereby requiring the hoses to be threaded making changing implements a real pain. I'm guessing the hoses are connected wrong. The hoses for the up-down motion should use the two inner most connections (inner with respect to the tractor) and the two outer used for the angle function.
Perhaps the photo will help. Yellow for the UP-Down and Green for the angle.
View attachment 295892
That is how our B7500 is setup.

Aaron Z

/ Kubata BX2200 4-way valve hydralics don't work properly
Thanks aczlan, that was it...it is working perfectly!!! :cool2:

/ Kubata BX2200 4-way valve hydralics don't work properly
Thanks to all the responders for your guidance. I was connected each set of hoses horizontally vs vertically.

My unit also has the U shaped lever to limit travel but that was not the problem. Again, I thank you all for your input...I really like this site! The members here are very helpful!

/ Kubata BX2200 4-way valve hydralics don't work properly #9  
Good to hear it was easy to fix!