Baby Bird Rescue

/ Baby Bird Rescue #1  

Pks

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3700SU, Cub Cadet 1430, Hustler Super-Z 66in, Vermeer 1250
Earlier this summer, my wife and I had to place a baby Northern Oriole back into its little nest. The nest was a bit over 20 feet in the air and way out on the end of a small branch.

But there was a problem: how do you hold up a 20 foot extension ladder when there's nothing to lean it against?

This is how we did it.

Attachments

• 292659-tractor_ladder.jpg
    292659-tractor_ladder.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 540
   / Baby Bird Rescue
This is the little tike we rescued from our cat. But I must give the cat credit here. He brought the bird to us when we were talking at the back porch.

Attachments

• 292662-baby_oriole.jpg
    292662-baby_oriole.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 415
   / Baby Bird Rescue #3  
YET another use for a tractor /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif hope u had the bottom of the ladder tied off so it could not slide back. i have the same tractor and fel as u, so now i have to go looking for a bird to set back in its nest /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. did the bird make out ok? somtimes the mamma won't have anything to do with them after u touch them.depends on the bird i guess.

/ Baby Bird Rescue #4  
Good job, Pks...

You had me worried for a moment...I though one of Bird's grandkids was in trouble... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Baby Bird Rescue #5  
Hey Bill, now you can get that 3rd tractor and use for rescues!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Baby Bird Rescue
My wife stood on the bottom rung of the ladder while I went to the top.

As far as we know, everyting turned out OK.

/ Baby Bird Rescue #7  
Those good karma points never hurt!

Soundguy

/ Baby Bird Rescue #8  
Bill, I don't think I'd have climbed that ladder even for one of the grandkids. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Sure looks dangerous to me.

/ Baby Bird Rescue #9  
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was a childhood story about YOU, Bird! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Mark

/ Baby Bird Rescue #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Bill, I don't think I'd have climbed that ladder even for one of the grandkids. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Sure looks dangerous to me. )</font>

I'm glad it wasn't just me that was thinking that! Looks like a giant see saw! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif You couldn't get me up that thing with two pushing and three pulling! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif