Deere 4310 Hydraulic leak

/ Deere 4310 Hydraulic leak #1  

waxmanak

Tractor
John Deere 4310
I have a JD 4310 with front mount snow blower. Last night I was working it very hard for a few hours and saw some fluid on the snow so I stopped and looked under the front near the lift ram. I saw some fluid dripping but could not tell from where as it was getting dark. I got it home in the garage and started it up to take a look. I could not get it to repeat. I took it back out and blew for another hour watching for leaking and it did not. Is there a relief blow valve that might have gave way? Thanks for help. Wax.

/ Deere 4310 Hydraulic leak #2  
I have a 4110 with a front blower and I too, have a mystery leak. This leak only shows up when I have a heavy snowstorm and the tractor has to work hard. It doesn't leak at any other time. I have never had to add fluid, so I gave up looking for it.

/ Deere 4310 Hydraulic leak #3  
Is the lift cylinder single or double acting? A single acting cylinder has one side of the piston vented to atmosphere. If the piston seal allows any fluid to seep by, oil will exit the vent when the unit is fully extended. The piston seals may be a touch less effective in cold temperatures.

/ Deere 4310 Hydraulic leak
Thanks guys,
Lift cylinder is double acting. I put another 4 hours on it yesterday with no signs of fluid on the ground.

/ Deere 4310 Hydraulic leak #5  
Could it be front axle fuild? From the vent ? Only apppearing when the front axle fluid gets real hot?