problem removing Hyd pump from PTO shaft.

/ problem removing Hyd pump from PTO shaft. #1  

Binder pilot 53

Tractor
Kubota, Pasquali, Farmall
Feel a little stupid asking this but I didn't pay close enough attention when the guy I was buying my Kubota B8200 from installed the pump on the Woods 650 backhoe attachment to the PTO shaft on the tractor. There is a large ring on the shaft that he ether turned or pulled to get it to lock on the PTO shaft. I haven't seen this type of lock before and am used to the type with the spring loaded pin that you push to release. I can't seem to get the ring to turn or move back and forth in order to remove the pump from the PTO shaft.
Thanks for any help

/ problem removing Hyd pump from PTO shaft. #2  
You pull back on the collar to get it to release. If you have room, maybe help it along with something like softface deadblow hammer, with some light tapping. Sounds like a little light oil, or something like Fluid Film to lube it for next time. Fluid Film is great for things like that, if they have it at a local eq. dealer.

/ problem removing Hyd pump from PTO shaft.
OK, that sounds good. At least now I know witch way to go with it. I was afraid to try to hard till I knew witch way to go. Its not real easy to get to with the backhoe on. Bet your right about a little oil on it. Thanks.