Mowing Kioit Rx Pto shaft breaks

/ Kioit Rx Pto shaft breaks #1  

kiotirx

Tractor
Kioti RX
We recently bougth a nex Kioti Rx with electric PTO start. I used to have a Deutz where you could engage the pto slowly with the clutch. But now it's electric, so it's immediately on full speed. I have put our Peruzzo mower on it and the first thing that broke was the Pto shaft to the mower. I have put a heavy duty PTO shaft and now the transmission in the mower broke. Is there a way to have the Pto speed build up slowly on the Kioti, or do I need an other sytem of Pto Shaft?
Help me before I have more costs.
thanks

/ Kioit Rx Pto shaft breaks #2  
Welcome!

Only engage the PTO with the tractor at an idle, then build your RPMs up at a steady pace.

/ Kioit Rx Pto shaft breaks
Hi dt86
even at idle, it goes from 0 to 300 rpm in a blink of an eye, so all the tension is directly on the transmission or pto shaft. isn't there a way to build it up like with a clutch? or is it normal with the electric switch for the pto in Kioti?

/ Kioit Rx Pto shaft breaks #4  
That is normal with all electric switches which is Pizz Poor design but everyone is doing it. All you can do is keep your engine speed as low as possible without stalling. Your tractor should idle at 900 rpm and that shouldnt be 3/5th of your PTO speed. Pull the throttle back as far as it will go and engage the pto. If the engine stalls increase the RPM by 100 and try again. I dont think there is anything else you can do other than swap for a tractor with a clutch operated PTO.

/ Kioit Rx Pto shaft breaks #5  
What about some kind of overrun clutch like guys use on the 8N and 9N tractors? Wouldn't that provide some kind of cushion until the implement got up to speed?

/ Kioit Rx Pto shaft breaks
Ok, thanks for the help.
I will first fix the transmission and put a heavy duty pto shaft, and hope it doesn't happen again. I will look if i can go as low as possible on idle, maybe adjust the throttle a bit. Somethings old things are better......

/ Kioit Rx Pto shaft breaks #7  
What is the hp rating for your mower? Perhaps the 60 hp RX is too much for it and adding a stronger driveline will damage other components.

/ Kioit Rx Pto shaft breaks #8  
What about a slip clutch drive shaft might allow some of the shock load to be absorbed in the clutch packs in terms of slipping rather than the other components

Dave

/ Kioit Rx Pto shaft breaks #9  
I'm not familar with your mower or tractor , but something ain't right . Flail mower , rotary with two big hinged blades , new , used ,how big ? It should stall tractor before it breaks anything . Just trying to help .

/ Kioit Rx Pto shaft breaks #10  
The mower should have a slip clutch at the input shaft. Propperly adjusted, it should absob the shock load momentarily before anything breaks.