Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti RX

Default Kioit Rx Pto shaft breaks

We recently bougth a nex Kioti Rx with electric PTO start. I used to have a Deutz where you could engage the pto slowly with the clutch. But now it's electric, so it's immediately on full speed. I have put our Peruzzo mower on it and the first thing that broke was the Pto shaft to the mower. I have put a heavy duty PTO shaft and now the transmission in the mower broke. Is there a way to have the Pto speed build up slowly on the Kioti, or do I need an other sytem of Pto Shaft?
    Help me before I have more costs.
    thanks

Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

Welcome!

Only engage the PTO with the tractor at an idle, then build your RPMs up at a steady pace.

Tractor
    Kioti RX

Default Re: Kioit Rx Pto shaft breaks

Hi dt86
    even at idle, it goes from 0 to 300 rpm in a blink of an eye, so all the tension is directly on the transmission or pto shaft. isn't there a way to build it up like with a clutch? or is it normal with the electric switch for the pto in Kioti?

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

That is normal with all electric switches which is Pizz Poor design but everyone is doing it. All you can do is keep your engine speed as low as possible without stalling. Your tractor should idle at 900 rpm and that shouldnt be 3/5th of your PTO speed. Pull the throttle back as far as it will go and engage the pto. If the engine stalls increase the RPM by 100 and try again. I dont think there is anything else you can do other than swap for a tractor with a clutch operated PTO.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4300

What about some kind of overrun clutch like guys use on the 8N and 9N tractors? Wouldn't that provide some kind of cushion until the implement got up to speed?

Tractor
    Kioti RX

Ok, thanks for the help.
    I will first fix the transmission and put a heavy duty pto shaft, and hope it doesn't happen again. I will look if i can go as low as possible on idle, maybe adjust the throttle a bit. Somethings old things are better......

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35 SE HST (2011)

What is the hp rating for your mower? Perhaps the 60 hp RX is too much for it and adding a stronger driveline will damage other components.

Tractor
    Kubota M8540

What about a slip clutch drive shaft might allow some of the shock load to be absorbed in the clutch packs in terms of slipping rather than the other components

Dave

Dave

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    john deere

I'm not familar with your mower or tractor , but something ain't right . Flail mower , rotary with two big hinged blades , new , used ,how big ? It should stall tractor before it breaks anything . Just trying to help .

Tractor
    John Deere 770, Bobcat 753

The mower should have a slip clutch at the input shaft. Propperly adjusted, it should absob the shock load momentarily before anything breaks.
    I've had a wonderful evening, but this wasn't it. ~ Groucho Marx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast