rto rpm question

/ rto rpm question #1  

DavidS

Tractor
Bolens G152
my tractor has a 3 speed pto. the speeds are 454,724 & 1185. most implements call for a 540 rpm pto speed, what do you guys suggest that i do???

/ rto rpm question #2  
Dave:

Ahhhhh...drop back and punt??????? Dave I have never herd of thoes 3 PTO RPM settings are you sure your not reading something wrong???? is this on the Bolens G152??

Whiskey

/ rto rpm question #3  
Odd... I've seen 540, 764, and 1080.. on an asian tractor.. but not 450.

If you needed 540, try the 450 setting, and figure the engine rpm to pto ratio, and then see if you can run in that higher range, as the pto rpm mark should be on your tack. If the range takes you into too high of an rpm setting, again, try the 7?? one.. and back down accordingly.. though this may drop you out of your power curve...

You sure about those settings?

Soundguy

/ rto rpm question #4  
I would recommend using a small mechanical or optical tach to measure the PTO output speed while trying different PTO and throttle combinations to come up with the 540 PTO speed. Ideally you will want a combination that gives you %$) RPM at close to full throttle for maximum HP output on the PTO.

If you do not have a tach your tractor dealer should have one and be able to assist you in this test.

/ rto rpm question
I am not positive about these pto speeds, I read them on a website that hase the stats of my model tractor. As far as seeing anything on the tractor that states the pto rpm's in each gear I have not found anything of the such. Oh, and yes this is on the Bolens G152.

/ rto rpm question #6  
well if those stats had any of the same errors in them that the stats in the yanmar manual for my tractor had.. then you're in luck.... hopefully that lower setting is your equivalent of the 540..

Soundguy

/ rto rpm question #7  
As well as using a tach to figure the correct engine RPM, consider that for low power requirements , set the PTO on 724 and reduce engine RPMs. For more power - 454 on the PTO with increased engine RPM.

/ rto rpm question #8  
Here is the website for the information on the tractor. PTO speeds are 454, 724 and 1185.

BOLENS G152/G154

/ rto rpm question
That website is where I read the pto rpm speeds.

/ rto rpm question #10  
I found this page. It states the PTO ranges as 540, 860 and 1000. I tend to believe this as there's several models listed with these same ranges and the 540 & 1000 are standard. It lists the TX1510 as having the odd PTO speeds.

Iseki Specs

If it does work out that you have the odd speeds then to get 540 you'll need to run the engine rpm's at about 2000 and the PTO in second range. This may cost you a bit of horspower but the only other option would be a speed changer and it may be a problem finding the correct one.

I also noticed on one site that it listed the torque rating at 1800 rpm. If that's the case you may be fine running the engine slower to compensate the PTO speed.