3 pt. Hitch use

/ 3 pt. Hitch use #1  

jbgood

Tractor
2013 JD X738
I'm Planning on buying a JD X738. Will be used for snow blowing, mowing , trailer (landscaping) work. As I will not be buying a tiller or any rear attachment acessories I'd like to hear what other jobs, uses, advantages the 3 point hitch may have. What other things can it be used for ? stump pulling ? Fence post pulling ? As far as I know it comes standard on this tractor.

/ 3 pt. Hitch use #2  
At the very least, a carryall on the 3 pt hitch will let you carry around stuff, and could serve as a convenient attaching point for ballast to counterweight the snowblower of which you write.

/ 3 pt. Hitch use #3  
Not sure what kind of trailer you are talking about, but if it is a ball hitch with some kind of jack stand, you can put a ball on a drawbar and just lower it under the trailer, lift and drive off w/o leaving the seat. (Some caution needs to be used here because you haven't locked it on, etc., but to pull it out of the way to mow or shove it in the garage, it's a nice quick method.)

/ 3 pt. Hitch use #4  
pull stump with the 3 pt i wouldnt recommed that you will bend break the draw bar or bend the 3pt arms

/ 3 pt. Hitch use #5  
Not sure what the lift capacity is with a x700 but with my 3x20 series, sometimes the fence posts are so settled, it makes the front wheels come off the ground when i pull them out of the gound with my 3 pt
Anyhow, they come in handy

/ 3 pt. Hitch use #6  
I doubt that you will be able to pull much of a stump or very tight of a fence post with a X738. I think if you had a 3PH on it you would see how great it is and buy some attachments like a scraper blade to push snow and a box blade for grading.

/ 3 pt. Hitch use #7  
I'm Planning on buying a JD X738. Will be used for snow blowing, mowing , trailer (landscaping) work. As I will not be buying a tiller or any rear attachment acessories I'd like to hear what other jobs, uses, advantages the 3 point hitch may have. What other things can it be used for ? stump pulling ? Fence post pulling ? As far as I know it comes standard on this tractor.

For safety sake, don't pull a stump with the three point. Pull from a drawbar fastened BELOW the rear axle. The three point hitch should only be used for three point mounted implements.

/ 3 pt. Hitch use #8  
Not sure what kind of trailer you are talking about, but if it is a ball hitch with some kind of jack stand, you can put a ball on a drawbar and just lower it under the trailer, lift and drive off w/o leaving the seat. (Some caution needs to be used here because you haven't locked it on, etc., but to pull it out of the way to mow or shove it in the garage, it's a nice quick method.)

If you do this, don't you have to use some kind of stabilizer to prevent the drawbar from rotating in the lift arms?

/ 3 pt. Hitch use #9  
For safety sake, don't pull a stump with the three point. Pull from a drawbar fastened BELOW the rear axle. The three point hitch should only be used for three point mounted implements.

With a tractor that only weighs about 1400 lbs you Might as well plan on using the truck that you pull your tractor with to pull stumps unless your in sand with shallow roots or a tree that died 10 years ago. Backhoes and bulldozers are much more effective tools at stump removal. I can lift 5500 lbs at my end links and my setup weighs about 10,000 lbs. The only fence post i can pull out of the ground are ones that were not cemented in. I got one out that was sunk about 2feet in the ground about half way before i sheared the 4x4 post off.

as others have mentioned a carry all and 3pt trailer hitch are very usefull. http://www.(Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure) carry all and 3pt trailer hitchs

/ 3 pt. Hitch use #10  
If you do this, don't you have to use some kind of stabilizer to prevent the drawbar from rotating in the lift arms?

Yes of course. The OP was just asking what he might use it for, I wasn't trying to give all the specifics. Cheers!