Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    NH Boomer

Default Re: Newbie question - How is the 3pt hitch supposed to work?

The 3 point should be easy to set at a precise height, but no it does not push down, gravity is the only downward force, indeed you do set the aspect of the blade with the length of the top bar. The box scraper blade will always 'bulldoze' more effectively backing up and 'grade' effectively going forward.

If you pull the 3 point position lever all the way up & you hear the hydraulic valves stalling the engine speed back, just back the lever off slightly and it should remain stationary and hydraulically quiet. The thing that makes the hydraulics noisy is air bubbles and water dispersed within the hydraulic fluid.

...hope this helps some

Tractor
    John Deere 2305, 2320,Z465

The only tractor with down pressure that I know of are industrial tractors. That's why a heavy implement works better. Properly set up make a world of difference too. Play with length of the upper link to different results. Also it can be level side to side with one of your lower links too.

I don't know your tractor at all but my old fordson had a draft/position control leaver seperate from the 3pt lever. Never did figure that thing out completely!

Welcome and good luck.
    Last edited by yelbike; 01-11-2013 at 12:57 PM.
    Carefull what you aim for, Aim for nothing and you will achieve it with amazing accuracy.

Tractor
    Jinma 354

Thanks everybody,

I posted in the general forum as I wanted to know what the 'norm' might be in general as I have never been around any tractors before this one. The Chinese manuals are a joke but the forums like this one provide great info. I will follow up details on this specific model now that I know how others work.

Tilting the box blade forward only works in dirt with ripping teeth on. Without teeth and without downpressure on packed snow and ice, it floats regardless of where the tilt is set - I get the smoothest layer of snow imaginable but there is still an inch os snow there and the ruts are filled in. I knew this wasn't the ideal tool but it is what I have until I get time to build a plow for the front.

Thanks all, you guys are very friendly and helpful,

Tim

Tractor
    NH Boomer

I leave an inch of snowpack on my drive or I wouldn't have any gravel left by spring.

Tractor
    John Deere 2305, 2320,Z465

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Berframe View Post
    Thanks everybody,

I posted in the general forum as I wanted to know what the 'norm' might be in general as I have never been around any tractors before this one. The Chinese manuals are a joke but the forums like this one provide great info. I will follow up details on this specific model now that I know how others work.

Tilting the box blade forward only works in dirt with ripping teeth on. Without teeth and without downpressure on packed snow and ice, it floats regardless of where the tilt is set - I get the smoothest layer of snow imaginable but there is still an inch os snow there and the ruts are filled in. I knew this wasn't the ideal tool but it is what I have until I get time to build a plow for the front.

Thanks all, you guys are very friendly and helpful,

Tim
    I find a rear blade works really good and fast for snow removal. I use an 84" on my jd2320 which is really wide. The right tool depends on your specific situation though.
    Carefull what you aim for, Aim for nothing and you will achieve it with amazing accuracy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12