Veteran Member
    Tractor
    BX 2200

Default Pickup bed dump kit

Does anyone have any experience with the kits that convert your pickup bed and allow it to dump? How well do they work? What brand is best? Will they work if you have a gooseneck hitch, or be modified to work with this arrangement?

Elite Member
    Tractor
    None -yet. Until then FunBuggy (EZ-Go) will have to do!

Default Re: Pickup bed dump kit

Here's a link Maxidump to one of the more popular pick-up dump manufacturers. I have to warn you that the company is located in my home town, but I don't work for them! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

They really work from what I've seen. I think every landscaper, mowing service, and even the municipalities have these units.

However, in all fairness, I'm sure there are probably some other manufacturers out there .....somewhere! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    BX2200, '52 8N

I've used the dump kit made by Pierce Sales which is resold by many other places(like Northern, etc.) It works ok but I'd go with a slide in dump box. I have an ez-dumper EZ-Dumper and love it. Goes in easy(4 bolts) and you can then easily move it to a new truck. Dumps 6000 Lbs. Like Golfgar4 said Maxi-Dump is another one, TruckCraft makes a really nice aluminum one but it does cost more TruckCraft Dell Hydraulics also makes one too Little Tipster The EZ-Dumper and Maxi-Dump are close in price, my guess is go with whichever company has a dealer near you.

Tractor
    John Deere 4200 MFWD HST w/ JD 420 FEL w/ 61" loader bucket & toothbar & JD 37 BH w/ 12" bucket

As to the gooseneck arrangement, you'll have to make sure your hitch is affixed to the bed only and that the bed hinge will be strong enough to support your trailering load. Those should be your two biggest concerns. I'd suggest you get with someone who's really good at this kind of thing and find out what they can tell you.

Tractor
    BX2200, '52 8N

Opps missed this part of the question. The dump box kits will not allow you have a gooseneck hitch nor will the slide in dump bodies. The hoist is in the way of where the goosneck hitch attaches to the frame of the truck. DO NOT attempt to attach the hitch to the box only! EZ-Dumper does make a gooseneck dump trailer which is something you may want to consider.

Tractor
    Kubota M4900

Don't know what you plan on hauling and how often but best thing I bought for my Pickup was a LoadHandler (bought at K-Mart). It attaches to your tailgate. You roll out a heavy canvas to the front of your truck bed. When you are ready to unload, just turn the handle. I've used mine for unloading limbs, dirt, gravel, and even old concrete blocks. I imagine is has to be a lot cheaper than a dump bed. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    john deere

I have a 79 ford flatbed and dump beds have always cought my eye and i am looking into doing this. more than likely i will build most everything i need because most things you buy just are not built heavy enough for me i only like to do things once so build her heavy duty. I want to know if anyone has done this and if you could i would like to see some pictures and weather a single cylinder will be enough to dump it and if it was worth the time.