Newbie need some advice

/ Newbie need some advice #1  

bhsballer90

Tractor
ford
I am in the market for a tractor. A neighbor has a 2006 Kubota Mx5000 2WD with a LB 702 loader with only 99 hrs. I have drove the tractor everything works great doesnt have a scratch on it. The tractor has a a 72 inch bucket with front hay spear, rear hay spear, older 5 ft bushhog. He priced it to me for $14,000. How does this sound and what do yall think about this model of tractor?

/ Newbie need some advice #2  
Sounds like a good price. Since you know the history on it its even better. The only thing to consider is not having 4wd.

/ Newbie need some advice #4  
It may be a real good tractor for the price. But without 4WD and having a 72'' bucket on it. You are limited on what you can do. You will always need to carry a good amount of weight on the rear of the tractor. To get any kind of traction at all. Once you have owned a 4WD it is hard to go back to 2WD. The bottom line is what you are looking to do with the tractor.

/ Newbie need some advice #5  
For any kind of loader work, it's almost unsafe not to have 4wd.

/ Newbie need some advice #6  
That's not a bad price, nor a great one. The 5' rotary mower is really too small for the 5000, the wheels extend beyond the mower deck which prohibits you from getting close to fences and other obstacles. The Kubota M(X)s are a great tractor. Echoing the other posters if you are going to be using the loader a lot you really need 4WD. Kubotas are light and with a load in the bucket you will be light in the rear. Are the tires filled with fluid, and does it have any wheel weights?

/ Newbie need some advice
The majority of the things I will be using it for is putting out hay for cattle and bush hogging. It doesn't have fluid in the tires or wheel weights would be the first thing I added if bought. Ive put out hay with this tractor before heavy wet bales and it did fine even in wet conditions. I just wasnt for sure about the price it sounds like a good price to me plus being able to use the tractor personally makes me feel safer about purchase. An elderly gentlemen has it and sold his cows and has no use for it anymore told me he bought it new and 99 hrs for 6 yrs didnt seem to bad.What do yall think

/ Newbie need some advice #8  
I think the price is good for a 50hp tractor with loader and is practically new. Having 4x4 would be nice but you can still get alot done with this tractor. If you are here long enough everyone will tell you that 4x4 and a fel are mandatory, lots of us used tractors for decades without either one.

/ Newbie need some advice #9  
Knowing the history and being able to trial run it is a huge plus. I'd take it. If you decide later you need the 4x4, you have a real nice trade-in.

/ Newbie need some advice #10  
If you think it is a good deal that is what is important. I assume there is a Kubota dealer in your area and that is a big plus. I am a Kubota fan and love my MX5100, which is essentially the same as the MX 5000.