Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    2011 Kubota MX5100

Anybody been to the one in KC
    I like to push buttons that I dont know what they do to find out. Theres some I wont push anymore

Tractor
    Kubota M95s, Allis Chalmers 185 & D17 series IV, Kubota ZG-23 Mower, Kawasaki Mule 610

We go to the one in Louisville every year. While in the area we eat at Mark's Feed Store. They have some great barbeque!

jmc
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 1920 4x4 (traded in on Kubota). Case 480F TLB w/4 in 1 bucket, 4x4. Gehl CTL60 tracked loader, Kubota L4330 GST

Default Re: National Farm Machinery Show

I'll probably go for about the fourth time but dread the crowds more each time. Anyone know which days usually have the least attendance?

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100 HST 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    I'll probably go for about the fourth time but dread the crowds more each time. Anyone know which days usually have the least attendance?
    That's a tough one. It seems to always be packed. I have never been on a Saturday, but they have the championship tractor pulls during the day on Saturday. That might pull some of the crowd from the exhibition areas, but I don't know for sure. Thursday and Friday seem to be about the same, very busy. I don't think I have ever been on a Wednesday either for that matter, but it is opening day. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

jmc
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 1920 4x4 (traded in on Kubota). Case 480F TLB w/4 in 1 bucket, 4x4. Gehl CTL60 tracked loader, Kubota L4330 GST

Quote Originally Posted by KYDan View Post
    That's a tough one. It seems to always be packed. I have never been on a Saturday, but they have the championship tractor pulls during the day on Saturday. That might pull some of the crowd from the exhibition areas, but I don't know for sure. Thursday and Friday seem to be about the same, very busy. I don't think I have ever been on a Wednesday either for that matter, but it is opening day. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.
    Thanks, Dan. If neither of us see a pattern then the tie-breaker is to go when it's most convenient.

Platinum Member Hoosier Hay Man's Avatar
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45S Cab, Quicktach FEL

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeToys View Post
    Thinking about going to the one in Kansas City
    I spent a couple of days at AG Connect in Kansas City last week. AG Connect moves around the country and will show every two years. A lot smaller crowd than Louisville. They did double from 5,800 in Atalanta 2011. It is a nice show and is growing. They were over 11,000 this year.
    AG Connect will be in Indianapolis in 2015 2 weeks before Louisville. It will be interesting to see since Indy is only being 2hrs north of the largest indoor farm show in North America and being only 2 weeks apart. Louisville advertises 300,000 in attandence.

We are planning on going to Louisville also. Will post pics.
    Thanks,

HHM

Tractors include 2009 Kioti DK45S Cab, 1974 JD4430, 1952 Oliver 77, 1953 JD50, 1940 JD A, 1938 Farmall F-14,

NH 489 Haybine, NH 315 Baler, Gehl 1465 Round Baler, NH 68 Baler, Kuhn GA301 GM Rake, Kuhn GA25 Rake/Tedder, JD 851 Rake, GT-77 ATV Herd Seeder,
    Everlast PowerArc 200

Tractor
    Case/IH DX33

The best day to go is....ummmm....errrrr... Working it last year I found that each day pretty much had a steady crow from beginning to end. Pick a time and give yourself time....that's all I can say. I know that for android phones there is an app with a map for it so you can look up and see the vendors you want to.
    The forums are a great place to find information....but also a great place to find speculation. Only you can determine the real problems with your tractor. We're here to help you find the correct way to do it.

I have made it a tradition to go. I will be going on Wednesday
    King Kutter Sub Soiler
    5 Foot King Kutter Tiller
    Land Pride HD25 Post Hole Digger
    90 Inch LandPride Side Discharge Mower
    Atlas Hipper from Ken Sweet
    Lots and Lots of Apple Trees

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100 HST 4WD

The way thinks worked out this year and we didn't make it to the show until Friday. We had a great time and were worn out by the time we left. A lot of walking, visiting and enjoying the show. We didn't see any tractor related items that we had to have although we did discover and purchase some airplane related yard art. It seemed to us that it was busier than last year, but it was Friday and we usually go on Thursday. I don't know if that made any difference or not. We had fun and that is really all that matters.
    National Farm Machinery Show

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12