Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    L3240GST, B2320HST, B5100D & G5200H

Default Re: What parts should I never be without?

Engine oil filters, Hyd oil filter, HST filter if you have that, fuel filter.
    Change of engine oil.
    Some tranny/Hyd oil for topping up.
    I make a shopping checklist of parts, fluids,etc in Excel.
    One spreadsheet has a worksheet for each vehicle I own.
    A copy lives in my car's glovebox, so I'm never without it.
    Workshop manual. Can't stress how helpful this is, even if it's just to build your confidence.

The dealership is never open when I remember the Botas need service, so I lay in a supply.
    That's the problem with trouble.
    It always starts out as such fun."
    - Randall Brown

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100 HST 4WD

Some good suggestions so far and you probably already have a lot of the items. Since you have a loader I suggest some pallet forks and a good wooden pallet. I am really picky about fuel, fuel contamination, including water. I don't have a big operation and don't use enough diesel to warrant a big tank and having fuel delivered. I have a 50 gallon portable tank I bought from TSC and I have it bolted to a palate. I put an electrical (12 volt) GPI pump on it to fuel the tractor. I use a water separating micron fuel filter on the line to insure no contaminants make it into the tractor tank. I keep extra fuel filters on hand and a hydrostatic system filter as well. When I need more fuel I load it into the back of my pickup and off I go to get some off road diesel fuel. It is a lot easier than fooling with multiple fuel cans. I have accidentally knocked off HST filters before while mowing! I hit an old steel T-post that somehow made it into one of the fields I only mow every other year or so. I don't know how it got there, but suspect deer hunters rigged it for their blind and forgot about it. Anyway, that's about it other than a lot of tools. I did buy one of the large tractor mount toolboxes from TSC to replace the worthless, tiny one that comes with the tractor. You can offset it enough that there are no mounting conflicts with anything on the stock tractor. Lastly, get some good earplugs, between the turbo and HST whines the 5100 is a very loud tractor. BTW, it is my favorite of all the small tractors I have ever used. A good power match to tractor capability. I also recommend the HD roundback bucket if you get one for the loader. Fluid in the rear tires is a must and wheel weights aren't a bad idea either.

LJH
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 3120

I'm loving this thread. The OP asked about parts, but lots of suggestions for tools too - some obvious, some not - good stuff. (I'm sure nobody mentioned duct tape because that's a given, universal fix for anything. ) I'll add gloves, an assortment of plastic zip ties and leak-stopping goop.

For me gloves are essential for fueling, servicing or wrenching because the day job requires my hands to be clean and generally un-trashed. I use a few different kinds depending on task and weather.

Zip ties are great for snugging up a hose that starts rubbing and just generally holding stuff together until you can get back to the barn for a proper fix.

And that spooge that plugs a fuel leak saved my butt one time when I couldn't dodge a chunk of metal on the highway and holed a 100 gallon diesel tank.

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

All good suggestions.
    I keep a packet of various sized zerk fittings with straight , 45 degree and 90 degree heads so I can replace anything that comes up missing.
    A complete set of all filters needed on the tractors.
    Extra 3 point pins and clips to hold the lift arms onto those pins.
    At least one extra top link pin is also an necessity.
    Several tubes of multipurpose grease
    A full complement of oils for motor and hydraulic, enough to do at least one complete change of each system.
    Multi-sized packs of ty-raps to keep all those hoses neat and orderly
    A gallon of distilled water for your battery in case it gets low.
    Enough anti-freeze to replace the engine contents should a hose blow and you loose all the coolant. IF you have an older model tractor, a set of upper and lower radiator hoses would be good to keep in stock.
    A spare fan belt would be a good investment also for the older tractors.
    If you dont have all LED lights, some spare bulbs for all the lights and spare fuses for the common circuits on your tractor.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp CC AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    Case 885, JD 730D, Ford 4000

Credit card & cell phone. Fix anything.
    We have too much gun control.
    What we need is more idiot control.

LJH
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 3120

Quote Originally Posted by RickB View Post
    Credit card & cell phone. Fix anything.

Not on my planet - I don't own either one.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota Mx5100

Thanks for all the lists... It's funny how getting ready for things to go bad makes me want the tractor to show up earlier! I'm surprised at the comments that the HydFluid level will drop when I break it in...seems that kubota would somehow plan for this, maybe put things through a few actions to 'fill the nooks and crannies." How much fluid do you expect I'll need to add?

Tractor
    Mf 1428

Gloves, zip ties, earplugs and earmuff hearing protection(wear both at once), some chain and quick links ,a come-along,the phone number of a good friend, a bottle of your favorite poison if it all turns out bad.

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100 HST 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by Bfitzgerald3 View Post
    Thanks for all the lists... It's funny how getting ready for things to go bad makes me want the tractor to show up earlier! I'm surprised at the comments that the HydFluid level will drop when I break it in...seems that kubota would somehow plan for this, maybe put things through a few actions to 'fill the nooks and crannies." How much fluid do you expect I'll need to add?
    I had to add about 8 ounces.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    cx70,5510,4630,5005

most important is 5 gal of tractor hydraulic fluid.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast