Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tractor
    all makes and models

Default Re: What parts should I never be without?

There are a lot of good suggestions here but part of it depends on you and what you want to do. Definitely a spare set of fuel filters. The pins are a good idea as well as plastic wire ties but the bulk of kubota hoses are run in frames so they aren't subject to as much abuse as some loaders.
    When it's time to pick up the filters and oil is also a good time to see if anything else might need some attention. When coming in for parts it is also a good time to have some questions answered or maybe get a tip or two.

Tractor
    New Holland T1110

All great ideas. In my toolbox I have a tire plug kit, 2 adjustable wrenches, a putty knife, pliers, extra pins, pair of gloves, ear plugs, and a set of plugs to put in the hyraulic connections to put in the female connectors on the tractor. I always put them in when the loader isn't on.

Quote Originally Posted by cowski View Post
    most important is 5 gal of tractor hydraulic fluid.
    I won't say "most important" but a good suggestion...

surplus fluid is only good when you can replace it as fast as it's flowing out...fix/stop the leaks then have the fluid ready...
    Slash Pine
    blunt and succinct but sincere...in the immortal words of Popeye..."I yam what I yam"

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Quote Originally Posted by Bfitzgerald3 View Post
    Thanks for all the lists... It's funny how getting ready for things to go bad makes me want the tractor to show up earlier! I'm surprised at the comments that the HydFluid level will drop when I break it in...seems that kubota would somehow plan for this, maybe put things through a few actions to 'fill the nooks and crannies." How much fluid do you expect I'll need to add?
    They do plan for it--by not overfilling. It takes a little tractor use to get things to flow around. The trans will likely take just a few ounces and the front axle is an unknown but probably more than that. First service is at 50 hours so read the owner's manual. It will tell you to adjust your clutch and brake pedals at that time but I checked my MX5100 sooner as well just for the heck of it.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123