What parts should I never be without?

/ What parts should I never be without? #1  

Bfitzgerald3

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota Mx5100
I have a kubota mx5100 on the way...my first tractor. What handful of parts should I be sure to have on hand as sooner or later, they will need to be replaced in the middle of a job? Fuel/air filter, etc etc.

Thanks!

/ What parts should I never be without? #2  
Make sure a get a supply of pins and clips.
Check all your fluid levels after running for a few hours it seems they are often low after settling into the low areas of the housings.
Keep some extra engine oil and hydraulic fluid.
Check your wheel lug nuts and your FEL mounting bolts.

/ What parts should I never be without? #3  
If it has an FEL or any other hydraulic appliance (other than the 3PH) I would get keep some generic length hoses and fittings on hand...even a new machine can have hose failures and accidents do happen...

and some "touch up" paint...!

/ What parts should I never be without? #4  
I agree with the other members suggestions. I would also recommend having extra Zerks and tubes of grease. Just a thought.

/ What parts should I never be without? #5  
I have a kubota mx5100 on the way...my first tractor. What handful of parts should I be sure to have on hand as sooner or later, they will need to be replaced in the middle of a job? Fuel/air filter, etc etc.

Thanks!

Fuel filter! You're dead in the water if you have one clog on you in the middle of a pasture! Better have the appropriate wrenches to change it out and bleed the system too.

/ What parts should I never be without? #7  
Make sure a get a supply of pins and clips.
Check all your fluid levels after running for a few hours it seems they are often low after settling into the low areas of the housings.
Keep some extra engine oil and hydraulic fluid.
Check your wheel lug nuts and your FEL mounting bolts.

Get some grease and this is probably all you'll need until the 50 hour service. If you had some way to buy filtered fuel before it goes into your tractor it would be a plus but you're good to go for a long time. Check that front axle as you will need more oil (hydraulic is in there) after a few hours.

/ What parts should I never be without? #8  
1 a pair of 12 inch adjustable wrenches to move the top link length

2 extra top link and side link pins IN the tool box on the tractor. this includes the 3pt attach pins and big nuts that hold them.

3 extra grease gun and a bunch (case) of tubes. it goes pretty fast

4 many extra clips and pins. They seem to enjoy leaping free!

5 good hearing protectors. Droning noise causes permanent damage. I have a set of 33db muffs on each tractor, 2 pairs in the truck and several in the shop / barn.

6 enough fuel cans to fill the tank from empty... plus one.

7 info locked tight in your brain on how to bleed the system AFTER you run to totally dry. It will happen, usually when you are farthest from any reserve can and have to cross a muddy field and then it will rain! (or is that just my luck?).

/ What parts should I never be without? #9  
If your running any PTO driven equipment, shear pins. Nothing like breaking a shear pin in the middle of the job and having to go into town to get another.

/ What parts should I never be without? #10  
Fuel filter! You're dead in the water if you have one clog on you in the middle of a pasture! Better have the appropriate wrenches to change it out and bleed the system too.

+1 on the fuel filter! I would also want an extra air filter.