Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tractor
    John Deere 755 2WD

Default Somebody help out the new guy

I have a JD 755 compact tractor. It is 2WD with hydro trans. With the 60" MMM it will mow like nobodys business. I recently bought 57 acres of blackberry brairs and various other weeds. I also bought a 4 foot bush hog. This tractor does not like to be operated on hillsides when bush hogging. Does it need to be wider? heavier ? or traded in on a bigger tractor? Any advice is welcom and thanks, John.

Tractor
    Iseki TL 2300, Kubota RTV, Kubota B7610

Default Re: Somebody help out the new guy

you arent alone about the hill...........over in the safety forum there are lots of threads about hill safety..........good luck, go slow, load those tires, get a rop, wear your seat belt, get a dual axis degree meter, and do thank HIM for blessing you and taking care of YOU.........Dennis

Tractor
    MF 1440-4 PowerShuttle

chromecrow,
    Your tractor is large enough to brush hog with that mower. The draw back to your tractor is that it is 2 wd. If you had 4wd, it would act entirely different on the hills.

Tractor
    Mitsubishi D 1800

My gray market Mitsubishi used to scare me when hauling logs for fire wood. I found one like it being parted out and bought the rear wheels. Had the local machinist make a spool and mounted them up. Haven't used 4wd since. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Elite Member
    Tractor
    IH 2444

the weight of the tractor will make the biggest difference when brush hogging on the side of a hill.

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

WELCOME TO THE FORUM; would be easier to ans. your question if we had an idea of your total acerage, and other uses for the tractor.

Tractor
    MF 1440-4 PowerShuttle

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( This tractor does not like to be operated on hillsides when bush hogging. Does it need to be wider? heavier ? or traded in on a bigger tractor? Any advice is welcom and thanks, John.)</font>

I may have misunderstood what you are saying. Are you saying that the tractor doesn't stay on the steep places very well or are you saying that you are not comfortable driving it on steep places?

Tractor
    John Deere 755 2WD

Well heres the deal. There is a spot about two acres worth that is on a hill. The tractor will go up the hill no problem. It is when I turn to go up or turn to go down that the Pucker Factor? comes into play. Anyway my neighbor saw me fighting with it( he was also out mowing ) and said he would mow it for me. He has a Massey Ferguson 35, gas powered 2wd. He proceeded to do donuts and figure 8's all over this hill like it was nothing. So that got me to thinking what is it that causes his tractor to go better than mine? I can make it heavier by filling the tires. I could make some extensions for the rear wheels( they are 1 position) or a set of dual rear wheels to make it wider. I also have thought about different rear tires, I currently have 31-15.50-15 terra track tires. I know somebody out there has the answer. Thanks, John.

Tractor
    JD 8320 MFWD, JD 6415 MFWD, FEL, and cab, John Deere MFWD 4600, John Deere 4020, John Deere 4430, John Deere 455 mower, Deutz, and Gehl 4610 perkins skidsteer

The problem is you're trying to do too much with too little tractor. 4wd makes three times the tractor. The MF 35 has a wider wheelbase, width, etc. It also has more hp.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Yikes... your rears are a one seting rim.. as in you can't reverse them for extra width?? I thought all manufactures provided people with this ability?!?!? I would think about another color other than green next time.. they are well expensive enough to have given you an option like that..

Soundguy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast