Snow Finding a front-end snow blower for a JD4200 tractor

/ Finding a front-end snow blower for a JD4200 tractor #1  

woodwacker

Tractor
JD 4200
I have a JD4200 and currently use a rear mounted Meteor (Walco) 59" snow blower. However, back issues and surgery now limit my ability to turn around in the seat to watch the rear attachment. I am trying to find a front end snow blower or a third party adaptor kit so that I can mount a front end blower. Ideally I would like to use my existing blower with a gear reducer at the fron end. Any ideas?

/ Finding a front-end snow blower for a JD4200 tractor #2  
You might want to look at something like this:

Front Mount Snowblower - Erskine Attachments, Inc.

Make sure you're sitting down when you price one out, they are not cheap.

In the end I went with the factory solution when I bought my Kioti.

You can see a picture of the blower and the subframe in the first picture in this post:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/259679-my-shiny-new-toy-just.html

The blower itself it 100% rear mount but the 3 pt mounts have been replaced with a quick hitch system and there is a step down gearbox to take the 2000 RPM mid PTO to 540 RPM.

Overall it's a pretty slick system and I wouldn't go back to a rear mount.

Jason

/ Finding a front-end snow blower for a JD4200 tractor
Thanks Jason.
You are right about the cost. I was horrified when I contacted the John Deere dealership - so I tried third party refits but all were over $6,000.
That covers a lot of snow blowing by the guy down the road. I'm really conflicted - I'm surprised that it is so expensive - is it simply that there is not the demand? I guess rear mounts being cheaper explains why they remain so popular, eh?
Anyway, appreciate your reply.
Take care my fellow Canuck!

/ Finding a front-end snow blower for a JD4200 tractor #4  
There's a company in South Dakota name of Lorenz that makes a setup for the front of the tractor where you can use your rear-mount snow blower. These hook to the rear PTO shaft and reverse its rotation. I bought a used setup from a guy down state for about $ 800, I understand they retail for about $3K. Maybe there is a Canadian company making something similar. You guys know a lot about snow up there. Still, $3k is better than $6K.

/ Finding a front-end snow blower for a JD4200 tractor
Thanks TCJako for your reply. I have seen mention of Lorenz in my research but haven't found a company yet around here - I have a lot of 'feelers' out and so hope to hear something soon. Again thanks.

/ Finding a front-end snow blower for a JD4200 tractor #6  
You could also look at using a hydraulic motor/pump combo and mount your current blower up front.