Backhoe BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #91  
The digger is a Kubota KX36-3 and,yes, the implement on the back is a hydraulic hedge trimmer.

Attachments

• DSCF1605 (Copier).JPG
    DSCF1605 (Copier).JPG
    259.6 KB · Views: 287
  • DSCF1606 (Copier).JPG
    DSCF1606 (Copier).JPG
    240.8 KB · Views: 226
  • DSCF1607 (Copier).JPG
    DSCF1607 (Copier).JPG
    225.8 KB · Views: 232
  • DSCF1608 (Copier).JPG
    DSCF1608 (Copier).JPG
    261.4 KB · Views: 298
   / BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #92  
The interesting thing about mine is that the side-to-side swing of the machine is not provided by conventional hydraulic rams. The swing is provided by a single rotary hydraulic 'cylinder' at the base of the boom. I've never had take the cylinder apart so I have no real idea how it works. There are no markings on the hoe so I don't know the brand. It may be a particulary Australian attachment because another Australian TBN member contacted me a few years ago after seeing one of these photos. The hoe has its own pump, powered by the PTO.

Attachments

• BH3.jpg
    BH3.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 365
  • backhoe2.jpg
    backhoe2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 198
   / BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #93  
i've seen those double ended cyls before.... some actuate a large pull chain as well.

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM
That is the way my ford is. It has a large chain attached to the swing cylinders. Was kinda iffy about it at first. But so far no problems!

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #95  
Okay here's a pic,I HOPE!! LOL!
I can't post pics, but look up an Allis-Chalmers 918 Backhoe,and I think you'll be impressed. It's great for heavy-duty jobs....not gret for finesse work though.Digs 19 ft. deep.Front loader bucket lifts 6500 lbs. don-ohio :)^)

IMG_0099.jpg

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #96  
   / BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #97  
That is the way my ford is. It has a large chain attached to the swing cylinders. Was kinda iffy about it at first. But so far no problems!

yep.. just remember to oil and clean that chain every few decades. :)

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM
Don the cab on that allis is big enough to live in! At least you got a nice warm and dry space to say if your wife sends you to the dog house!

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #99  
HehHeh! Yeah,I WISH that were my cab! That's a pic off the AC site. My cab is open air with only the snap-cab buttons on it. don-ohio :)^)

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #100  
Sounds like its one horizonal piston and the cylinder is connected to the chain for the side to side.The woods 650 and 750 are similiar.I had that piston leak from the first new delevery and was replaced. and no proglems since, except that I tore off one casting end but that was from sharp snapping caused from me and a rock..So in 25 plus years its done well seemed to lack alot of side swing pushing power but I assume it it had more then other pronlems would occure.QUOTE=alchemysa;3162333]The interesting thing about mine is that the side-to-side swing of the machine is not provided by conventional hydraulic rams. The swing is provided by a single rotary hydraulic 'cylinder' at the base of the boom. I've never had take the cylinder apart so I have no real idea how it works. There are no markings on the hoe so I don't know the brand. It may be a particulary Australian attachment because another Australian TBN member contacted me a few years ago after seeing one of these photos. The hoe has its own pump, powered by the PTO.[/QUOTE]