Backhoe BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #141  
Well, not many towables.....here is a pic of a 158 Dig-It. I have a 258, only difference appears to be mine has a hydraulic cooler, larger seat, canopy and red fuel tank. It came with a 12" bucket and my son nearly has an 18" bucket finished. It's towable but it's also hydraulic drive/zero turn. Lot better machine than I thought it was going to be. Only issues are it's a little light in the rear and tire traction in mud could be better.....suitcase weights will hopefully help the first issue and the hoe makes traction nitpicking. Digs about 8 !/2' and I've dug through a very established/packed rock drive bed with no problem at all so she's a lot handier than my shovel and pick! Appears very similar to the RHM's, which seem more prevalent. It has a remote circuit so a thumb and posthole digger are the next fabrication projects for it. Finally have a hoe..... No more excuses for not having a storm cellar!

Attachments

• DigIt.jpg
    DigIt.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 485
   / BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM
That is cool!

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #143  
   / BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #144  
   / BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #145  
neat looking machine.. how much it weigh?

About 3000LBS. It has three stabilizers, 2 on the hoe end and one centered on the tongue/pivot wheels end. It has about 4100 lbs of digging force so it can move itself around a little if only using 2 stabilizers. Put it all the way up on all three and it's rock solid. Putting it on the third stabilizer is also how you pivot the tongue and rear wheels into or out of "tow position" . There are some videos of RHM's GOFOR Digger online...it is a very similar unit but I think the Dig-It is a sturdier/better built machine.. You can get the idea of what they're about GO-FOR-DIGGER TOWABLE BACKHOE - YouTube

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #146  
Here is mine. A Bradco 485. I have a 10" and an 18" bucket. Hopefully I will have a thumb before summer gets here.
385121_265799193483335_159282042_n.jpg

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #147  
:cool2:mahindra09 004 (Small).jpgHere is mine in the Fall of 09. Shortly after I added a canopy from a golf cart. mahindra09 008 (Small).jpg Then in 2011 we got real snow!! DSCF0172 (Small).jpg Of course I had my Meyers 6.5' blade conversion already!! Then For the next Winter I cheaped out to stay warm, got a golf cart cover and applied it. To the body I used velcro and the excess I just wrapped the best I could and put plastic clamps on it so the wind would not affect it. mahindra-12-garfield 008 (Small).jpg Then we did not get snow last year so the cab just sat wind proof under roof. I also got a rubber mat from TSC and cut a strip and put it under the cutting edge of the plow to try and save my gravel drive. I did not make it air tight hoping to prevent fogging of the inside and it seems to work fine. I plowed in 20* winds and I was nice and warm, no hood, jacket open and sometimes no gloves. The canopy cost me $50, the metal for bracket
TractorByNet.com - Compact Tractor Forum $30, and the cover was around $70 with shipping. WORKS FOR ME.

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #148  
:cool2:View attachment 301457Here is mine in the Fall of 09. Shortly after I added a canopy from a golf cart. View attachment 301458 Then in 2011 we got real snow!! View attachment 301461 Of course I had my Meyers 6.5' blade conversion already!! Then For the next Winter I cheaped out to stay warm, got a golf cart cover and applied it. To the body I used velcro and the excess I just wrapped the best I could and put plastic clamps on it so the wind would not affect it. View attachment 301462 Then we did not get snow last year so the cab just sat wind proof under roof. I also got a rubber mat from TSC and cut a strip and put it under the cutting edge of the plow to try and save my gravel drive. I did not make it air tight hoping to prevent fogging of the inside and it seems to work fine. I plowed in 20* winds and I was nice and warm, no hood, jacket open and sometimes no gloves. The canopy cost me $50, the metal for bracket
TractorByNet.com - Compact Tractor Forum $30, and the cover was around $70 with shipping. WORKS FOR ME.

nice job,, good idea,, Lou

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #149  
I sure do miss my JD 410D.

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #150  
Here is mine. A Bradco 485. I have a 10" and an 18" bucket. Hopefully I will have a thumb before summer gets here.
View attachment 301456

Which thumb are you wanting to get? Looks like Bradco went cheap and do not install the articulated link mounts on the dipper stick anymore.
hugs, Brandi