Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

Default Re: BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM

Quote Originally Posted by fordoutback View Post
    Here is mine. A Bradco 485. I have a 10" and an 18" bucket. Hopefully I will have a thumb before summer gets here.
    Attachment 301456
    Which thumb are you wanting to get? Looks like Bradco went cheap and do not install the articulated link mounts on the dipper stick anymore.
    hugs, Brandi

Tractor
    Mahindra 4035

I havent found one yet. I have access to a machine shop and plasma cutter and was planning on designing my own. THere are brackets with holes already welded on the backhoe for the upper mount. I want to put a longer pin in the bucket mount for the lower mount and will design the thumb with a curve so that it wont "spit out" the material I'm trying to pick up.
    The more I want to get something done, the less I call it work..........

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland 1720

I've got an old International 3616 that I hope to get pictures of this weekend...
    It is old and worn but runs well...
    I think that my dad had the heads re-built years ago...

Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by fordoutback View Post
    I havent found one yet. I have access to a machine shop and plasma cutter and was planning on designing my own. THere are brackets with holes already welded on the backhoe for the upper mount. I want to put a longer pin in the bucket mount for the lower mount and will design the thumb with a curve so that it wont "spit out" the material I'm trying to pick up.
    Fordoutback,
    Are you going fixed or hyd. thumb? I see the upper mount holes, but you don't have the mounting holes already on the dipper stick like on my 511 in the photo. The Bradco articulated fixed link nests in these holes stowed. The thumb comes with a longer pin and a "D" shaped retaining block that fits the existing flat and secures the pin, thumb, and bucket all in one. The upper unused hole on my dipper stick is for the hyd. installation.

I think you are on the right track with the curved thumb. My thumb's teeth are 1 inch thick hardened still. I forgot the "T" number of the steel.
    hugs, Brandi
    -5-5-07-booger-job-11-3-07-backhoe-thumb

Tractor
    Mahindra 4035

Quote Originally Posted by bindian View Post
    Fordoutback,
    Are you going fixed or hyd. thumb? I see the upper mount holes, but you don't have the mounting holes already on the dipper stick like on my 511 in the photo. The Bradco articulated fixed link nests in these holes stowed. The thumb comes with a longer pin and a "D" shaped retaining block that fits the existing flat and secures the pin, thumb, and bucket all in one. The upper unused hole on my dipper stick is for the hyd. installation.

I think you are on the right track with the curved thumb. My thumb's teeth are 1 inch thick hardened still. I forgot the "T" number of the steel.
    hugs, Brandi
    My plan is to build an adjustable manual thumb. I have some 7/16 wall 3" tubing that I plan to slide 2 1/2 tubing inside with multiple adjustment holes. My friend with the machine shop has some hardened 3/4 inch plate for the teeth. I am going to make the templates out of plywood first to get the dimensions I need before I plasma cut the teeth. (measure twice, cut once, lol). Hopefully everything goes as planned. I will definately post pictures when I build this.

Tractor
    Mahindra 4035

Quote Originally Posted by bindian View Post
    Fordoutback,

hugs, Brandi
    My plan is to build an adjustable manual thumb. I have some 7/16 wall 3" tubing that I plan to slide 2 1/2 tubing inside with multiple adjustment holes. My friend with the machine shop has some hardened 3/4 inch plate for the teeth. I am going to make the templates out of plywood first to get the dimensions I need before I plasma cut the teeth. (measure twice, cut once, lol). Hopefully everything goes as planned. I will definately post pictures when I build this.

Platinum Member farmall 55a case's Avatar
    Tractor
    case ih farmall 55a

I need to build me a thumb for my backhoe. As many trees that I have been digging up that would be handier than a pocket on a shirt!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Sears GT

great pictures of backhoes.I'm kind of leaning towards a towable when the time comes.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    craftsman lt1000/jd 717a/ mahindra max28 hst

I'm planning on building a thumb for mine before too long, but I've been working mine out without it. finally starting to get decent with it.

from the controls

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    great pictures of backhoes.I'm kind of leaning towards a towable when the time comes.
    they are all towable.. just need the right trailer..

Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast