Backhoe BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #251  
My New Holland is 45 hp and will dig a hole 102" deep. It has a 16" bucket and a mechanical thumb. It is a frame mount BH. I dug out a food plot in my woods with it and this 85 foot, 18" maple almost manhandled my tractor. I got it done, but that was max for my set up.

HPIM1923.jpg

That is one heck of a root ball. I see you chained it up. Did you dig around it then pull it over with a chain. I have to do some of the clustered pines that way to get them down. A couple just broke in half at the chain location.

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #252  
Nice and that is the kind of BH i was talking about that the guy makes his living with. Maybe just a little bigger.
Likely it was an L39 or L 45 as they are similar in size but a bit larger by each series and identical in appearance. Lots of contractor use the B26 for digging sewer lines and water lines in new house construction because they are small, fairly light (4001#) and can really get into those tight spots due to the narrow wheel base.

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #253  
That is one heck of a root ball. I see you chained it up. Did you dig around it then pull it over with a chain. I have to do some of the clustered pines that way to get them down. A couple just broke in half at the chain location.

I dug and broke the roots all around the tree then pushed it over. I chained it to pull it out of another trees canopy. The root ball was so heavy that I cut the trunk off, dug a slight ramp, then pushed it out of the hole. Then I rolled it out of the way. It was quite the chore!

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #254  
That's some nice woods right there, I love that picture. Most of what we have around here now are pine woods :yawn:

looks like some nice soil as well, bet the food plot did great!

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #255  
A friend of mine showed me a photo of a big oak that had came down in a storm. The root ball was 26 feet in diameter and the trunk over 6 feet. He had a photo of his cousin standing by the tree before they cut it up. Must have been a 200+ year old tree. He didn't say what they did with the root ball, perhaps just put it back in the hole it came out of.

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM
Great day for the backhoe! Was able to get down a few more trees!

ForumRunner_20130223_152840.png

ForumRunner_20130223_152859.png

ForumRunner_20130223_152914.png

ForumRunner_20130223_152931.png

I knock them down with the backhoe, then I line them up and cut for fire wood. Can't wait to get my grapple next week! And just one if my stump piles!

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #257  
Had mine out for a little while today trying to backfill the electric trench to my barn but it was way too wet. Made a mess and got the tractor extremely muddy.

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #258  
they like to play in the mud now and then.. :)