Backhoe BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #301  
Well mine isn't very pretty but i do like it alot!

When I was little, maybe 11 or 12, my dads freind let him borrow a terremite. My dad always showed me how to run things, and taught be about operating the backhoe. I spent ALL day for as many days as I could, aside from school, digging out a small pond until his freind came and picked it back up.

That small pond is still there. I never had so much fun on a piece of equipment in my life! (And it didn't even have a grapple on it:))

There is a special place in my heart for those terramites!

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #302  
Thinking about pump capacity. On a FEL with 2 cylinders on the bucket tilt you can easily be using 4 cylinders at once. On a backhoe there is one cylinder for each of the 4 axis. If you had the same size cylinders on the FEL and backhoe there should be more the enough capacity.

My little towbehind Dirt Master got to where it only wanted to move the machine in one axis at a time. Found a dent in the hydraulic filter and replaced it. That fixed the problem big time. I suspect that even without the dent it would have been a good idea to change the filter after the first few hours of operation.

Most of the time we only using 2 or 3 axis at a time so I expect it should work fine for you.

I would really like to have a JD 310 or 410 vs the 509 but I don't have the use for a full size machine (or funds) and will only use it for my projects on weekends and vacations. Lots of advice on the best machine- seems those with a full size TLB don't use them much but want more than they paid for them and about the same for the tractor attachment units! Go figuire!!
Looked at a 9'Woods 3pt that has "like new" asking $5k that had never seen a grease gun , shed, good cleaning, new hoses or oil / filter change since new. The offer I made for his beater actually "insulted his intelligence"!!

NO MORE JUNK!!!!!!!:confused2:

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM
I'm down for the count blew a hyd hose on it! Just 8 more trees and that area is done!

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #304  
I did a LOT of research on BH's and the problems with pump capacity. I wanted the biggest unit my tractor would handle and chose Mahindra over Woods for Dealer availabilty and service. Most Woods dealers don't want to sell / install a BH as they prefer to sell whatever Tractor brand they rep.
Discussed with local dealer and he questioned Mahindra about it. A unit with a pump was available but without had to be built. 2 conversations later with rep and I was told the 3510 would operate the BH effeciently without a pump. The pump was only speced for the 00 series. Pump upcharge was $700 vs hose kit - I hope Mahindra knows what they are talking about!!

Kneedeep,
I am not sure what you are referring to when you say...A unit with a pump was available but without had to be built I am talking about a PTO pump. Instead of hoses going to the tractor, they attach to a PTO pump. I sure hope you are not disappointed. The 4110 specs say it has more pump gpm than your 3510.

My Bradco/Mahindra 511 is spec for the 7520 and 6520. When I bought mine, I didn't realize the difference in pump gpm between the two tractors is 6 gpm. I have to run my tractor at full rpm to get good results, were as the 7520 can be run around 12-1500 rpm. I wish I would have bought the 7520 with it's 17 gpm pump.

I hope I am wrong, but I think I see a PTO pump in your future. Sorry to be so bleak.
hugs, Brandi

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #305  
Kneedeep,
If you put a pump on I would not use Mahindra. I just replaced the coupler for a 4110 pto pump (neighbor's) and the coupler itself was $300. Get the pump designed for a pto shaft. Less money and is designed to work that way. With the coupler it sticks out further and puts more stress on it. With the pump it is a great backhoe.

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #306  
Kneedeep,
If you put a pump on I would not use Mahindra. I just replaced the coupler for a 4110 pto pump (neighbor's) and the coupler itself was $300. Get the pump designed for a pto shaft. Less money and is designed to work that way. With the coupler it sticks out further and puts more stress on it. With the pump it is a great backhoe.
That is what I am talking about, a pump on the PTO shaft.:thumbsup:
hugs, Brandi

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #307  
There are pumps designed to go on a pto shaft. And there are pumps that are adapted to pto shafts with a coupler (like Mahindra uses, or used). I would recommend the former.

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #308  
Kneedeep,
If you don't get parts and ops manual for your BH, let me know and I can make a copy of mine for you.
hugs, Brandi

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #309  
Here is a picture on my JD 510B. Old, but works great. I had to change some bushings, the last owner didn't know what a grease gun was. Handy machine to have around.

510B JD.jpg

/ BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM #310  
Mahindra had a 509 with a tank and pump. They would not sell it without and would not take it off. A unit without a pump was not on the yard and would be built, est 6-8 weeks delivery. It only took 5 weeks for the unit to get to the Dealer in Batesville, MS after I placed a order with said dealer. He always orders the backhoe with a tractor and gets complete units in 4-5 weeks after ordering.
He should have it all on in the next couple of weeks as they are covered up with tractor repairs. I quess everybody waits till planting time to repair tractors!??!
If the tractor will not run the back hoe a PTO pump will be the fix. From what you guys are saying the Mahindra Pump setup is NOT the way to go! If a pump is needed I will be calling on you guys for the best way to set it up.
Either way, I got the backhoe !!