Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 222930313233343542 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

Default Re: BACKHOES LETS SEE THEM

Quote Originally Posted by kneedeep View Post
    Mahindra had a 509 with a tank and pump. They would not sell it without and would not take it off. A unit without a pump was not on the yard and would be built, est 6-8 weeks delivery. It only took 5 weeks for the unit to get to the Dealer in Batesville, MS after I placed a order with said dealer. He always orders the backhoe with a tractor and gets complete units in 4-5 weeks after ordering.
    He should have it all on in the next couple of weeks as they are covered up with tractor repairs. I quess everybody waits till planting time to repair tractors!??!
    If the tractor will not run the back hoe a PTO pump will be the fix. From what you guys are saying the Mahindra Pump setup is NOT the way to go! If a pump is needed I will be calling on you guys for the best way to set it up.
    Either way, I got the backhoe !!
    Kneedeep,
    Oh, OK. I forgot about the tank and all of the stuff that goes with the PTO pump installation. I had no idea Mahindra uses a coupler. Go with a pump that slides on the shaft, if needed. We will be needing numerous photos.

Also, my dealer is always running 3 or so weeks behind.
    hugs, Brandi

Tractor
    Mahindra 3510 and Mahindra 5500 4WD

You got it and thanks for the backhoe advice

Rod
    PROUD AIR FORCE DAD

Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

You got it and thanks for the backhoe advice

Rod
    Kneedeep,
    Your welcome.

If you Quick Disconnects (QDs) are the push on and pull off style, like mine, and you swing the butt of your tractor over with the bucket pivoting on the ground.........and then you suddenly lose hyd. pressure and your controls get slow then stop.............shut down the tractor. and wiggle all controls, then disconnect the QDs and reconnect them. My QDs, over time, lost spring tension and too much BH pressure popped them off just enough to disengage the QD, but still look engaged.

Once I went to all the trouble of bleeding a line to get pressure down in the hose to jack up the stabilizers and put a come-a-long on the boom to raise it and limp back to the barn. When all it was was a popped QD. I'm on the second remote now, as the QDs on the first remote are wore out.
    hugs, Brandi

Tractor

I remember seeing your thread and following it cause I was working on the backhoe idea (mfg, size, type, FUNDS!) and any backhoe post were studied in depth! Glad your problem was minor especially since I chose a Mahindra 509. Next to EA's 3 PT units the most expensive of all. can't wait to get to digging. Lots of dirt work to be done on 40 acres!
    PROUD AIR FORCE DAD

Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

I remember seeing your thread and following it cause I was working on the backhoe idea (mfg, size, type, FUNDS!) and any backhoe post were studied in depth! Glad your problem was minor especially since I chose a Mahindra 509. Next to EA's 3 PT units the most expensive of all. can't wait to get to digging. Lots of dirt work to be done on 40 acres!
    Kneedeep,
    Oh I am sure digging is not all you will use your 509 for. It is mind boggling now to remember all the things I have done with mine.
    hugs, Brandi

Tractor
    Mahindra 3510

I have a 3510 with a 509 bh. The backhoe runs off a pto pump, rpms are usually around 1200-1500. The 509 is a beast. When I first got it, I refered to it as getting a backhoe with a tractor attached. I'll try to post a photo or two tomorrow anything in particular you'd like to see (bh is off tractor now)?
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/a...-kit-after.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rick
    Mahindra 3510 w/4110 ag tires, 509BH, FEL, Farmi 351P, Wallenstein BX 62, Markham toothbar, BriMar 7000# dump trailer, 99 F250 xlt cclb 7.3l, '05 Tacoma, Solo 681, Stihl 460, Makita 6401, ATK 500, Iron and Oak 22 ton log splitter, Magnum Research 45-70BFR, and other stuff too!!

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by RAS323 View Post
    I have a 3510 with a 509 bh. The backhoe runs off a pto pump, rpms are usually around 1200-1500. The 509 is a beast. When I first got it, I refered to it as getting a backhoe with a tractor attached. I'll try to post a photo or two tomorrow anything in particular you'd like to see (bh is off tractor now)?
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/a...-kit-after.jpg
    Is your pump a Mahindra or after market? If aftermarket- Mfg and model of tank and pump.
    I would like to see the lift arms with subframe and how the chains are removed to mount unit.
    how high off ground to set BH after unhooking for ease of hooking up

Thanks and your rig looks like mine- bad to the bone!!
    PROUD AIR FORCE DAD

Tractor
    Mahindra 3510

Is your pump a Mahindra or after market? If aftermarket- Mfg and model of tank and pump.
    I would like to see the lift arms with subframe and how the chains are removed to mount unit.
    how high off ground to set BH after unhooking for ease of hooking up

Thanks and your rig looks like mine- bad to the bone!!
    My pump came with my tractor/bh, more than likely Mahindra. Mahindra's setup doesn't use the lift arms (they are taken off for BH installation). The subframe is aways on the tractor. Two pins hold the bh on the tractor--very easy on/off set up. I'll get some photos today-hopefully.
    Rick
    Mahindra 3510 w/4110 ag tires, 509BH, FEL, Farmi 351P, Wallenstein BX 62, Markham toothbar, BriMar 7000# dump trailer, 99 F250 xlt cclb 7.3l, '05 Tacoma, Solo 681, Stihl 460, Makita 6401, ATK 500, Iron and Oak 22 ton log splitter, Magnum Research 45-70BFR, and other stuff too!!

Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

Quote Originally Posted by Gale Hawkins View Post
    Now if you will get a thumb for that 410 you can really fit more stuff into the dumpster. Last fall we had a huge organ at church from the 60's that was the first generation Hammond solid state organ. It was so heavy and so few want to mess with dead organs of that era we never had anyone to show up to haul it away. On clean up day I took the JD 310 to the front door and they got it into the bucket and I took it to the Dumpster and flipped it out on the ground then turned around and the hoe with the new thumb I picked it up as high as I could and dropped it about three times and crushed it more with the thumb. There was a table, etc in the dumpster and they flipped that out and I crushed it. When I finished and they picked up the pieces the dumpster was not even full.
    Well, ,that's the plan, to add a thumb. I've got it all designed, steel cut, and started the initial welding. I bought the hydraulic block I'll need but not the hoses yet. Only problem is, the welder I was using was a friend of mine's, and he decided to sell it in the middle of my project. I wanted to buy it but he was getting more than it was worth, so I passed. I'm now waiting on buying a welder to finish my project, don't know when that day will be though. I may just pay a local welder to finish welding it up for me.
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/a...lic-thumb.html
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Thinking about this pump size thing. Would choosing a tractor with a hydrostatic transmission solve this problem or are there generally one pump for the drive and another for the rest of the system. I am thinking just one.

Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 222930313233343542 ... LastLast